Queue adding unwanted songs

Oldnick

Suddenly this morning, when I tried to add a couple of albums to the Cleared Queue, I found that extra albums were being added; I am pretty sure ones that I would have cleared last night. It seems to be caused by some albums and not others. I cannot see a pattern. It MAY be some I have played recently that are causing this when I add them to the queue

- I clear the queue

- I pick and album and "Enqueue". 

- if I go to the queue after adding certain albums, there will be other albums that I had in the queue recently, possibly last. The somngs are also interspersed and not by album as usually happens.

Any help appreciated

Edit...I uninstalled and reinstalled, but that did not work.

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be repeatable with certain albums. As I said I think the ones that cause the problem are ones  I have queued recently, but the ones that are added without my asking are always the same ones.... Ones I queued last before I noticed this.

So two days ago I queued album A and B. An unknown time back, but recently, I queued album C and D. Now if I try to queue C or D, A and B get thrown in, every time. And the songs are all mixed up and not by album.

I can't even test by using another SD card, because it IS the same ones every time. Whatever has happened to them will of course not have happened anywhere else. 

Nick

Just to try,  I added one of the problem causing albums to a new Playlist ....and exactly the same extra albums were added without my asking.

Edit...if I ask to sort the mixed up songs by album, they get sorted fine.

Keep listening for the next exciting installment :D

Nick

i will check that, but this was  not happening before ...yesterday? Also, one album is Golden Earring, another is the Police and the 3rd is the Australian Band Noiseworks. I cannot think of any connection except in PA's mind :).

It seems 3 albums are tied together. I am not surprised you can't reproduce it: as you say it is really weird.

I will play around with settings for a bit and if I find a solution I will post it. If I can'tmake any sense of it, I will delete and reload those albums .....and hope....

At this stage, thank you for your help. Good support of the BEST player on the Android market.

Nick

I have just tried that and no go.

Whatr I did not try weas to actually check the contents of each folder :(. I deleted the Guess Who folder and the other folders then came up empty. I can only guess that at a level lower then PA, the _files_ from the Noiseworks and Police folders were transferred to the Guess Who folder, or that they were somehow tied together, although showing separately. This last beccause if I tried to play any of the three, the other two would get added. ????

I regret not looking hardert before deleting that folder. IUt would have been interesting to see what the latter two folders actrually contained. No reycle bin in Android.:(

Anyway a simple matter to delete the folders and reload from my PC.

Nick

Archived