Feature request for playback of long files

Subwoofer

I listen to some very long music files, anything up to 3 hours.

Moving to a specific part of the file is difficult with the position bar, and it would really help if there was a feature allowing you to swipe left or right to move backwards or forwards through the file.

A great example is the BBC iplayer radio app where there are 'skip 20s' buttons and a dial system for moving forwards and backwards. It is sensitive to how fast you drag so you can go slowly to move slowly, or quickly to move much faster.

Is this possible?

Amen to that, a lot of users (me included, actually) have been asking for that sort of feature for a number of years now. Hopefully once the work on releasing Poweramp v3 is complete, Max may be able to revisit some of these long-standing feature requests. For my money, those sort of things were probably more urgent and useful than adding a new material design look, but then I'm not the dev as it's 100% his project. 

Andre

• 2 months later...

The only negative in PowAmp I see- menu option to move cursor on position bar by swiping L/R on main screen (not only skip track but moving in track too like in XM player for example). I think this could be a very helpful feature. Just keep your work, man

Archived