Playlist can not be deleted - Where are Playlists stored?

Hi,

I am on 2.0.10 build 588-play Full Version. and on 3.0 beta!

I accidently created a playlist of nearly 100.000 titles. I can not delete this list. When I push the "x" button PA waits a few seconds and goes then to the main screen. The Playlist is still there. No big deal, but still a bug.

I could help myself if someone would tell me where and in what format PA stores playlists. Seems to be a mystery. I created a playlist and then looked for the name in my explorer, without success. My device is rooted.

If you long-press on the playlist title, you should see several options, one of which is Delete. There will be a confirmation prompt and then you should be able to delete it. Internally-created playlists are stored in Poweramp's database so it's not easy to manually work on a single one at a file level (although TheoKlink's New Playlist Manager app from the Play Store might help?)

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If you long-press on the playlist title, you should see several options, one of which is Delete. There will be a confirmation prompt and then you should be able to delete it. Internally-created playlists are stored in Poweramp's database so it's not easy to manually work on a single one at a file level (although TheoKlink's New Playlist Manager app from the Play Store might help?)

Andre

I just installed 3.0 beta. SAME PROBLEM!!

Thanks Andre,

I know how to delete a playlist and normally it works like you described. I just tried out again in 3.0.

The bug is that a very big playlist - say 100000 titles - can not be deleted. Seems to be a database problem.

You can create such a super big playlist by adding all titles several times to the same playlist. I have about 50000 titles and added them by mistake 2 times to the same playlist.

Please try out and report the bug to Big Max.

Thanks again

Wolfgang

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I can't find theo's app. Can you give me a hint?

Archived