Incorrect widget size glitch

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this glitch but it's really annoying.

Using Nexus 6P with 7.1.1 and newest Poweramp (was in the beta but I left to see if that might resolve it).

For some reason the 2x2 widget and the 4x2 widget are actually 2x3 and 4x3 and I can't adjust it. 

Screenshot_20161118-192506~01.png

On 11/21/2016 at 3:53 PM, andrewilley said:

No idea I'm afraid, but once you've dropped the widget onto a homescreen you should be able to adjust its width. I can on mine with Nova Launcher anyway.

Andre

I can adjust the width but the width isn't the problem.. as you can see in the picture.

Thanks anyway

Ah, sorry, I see you are referring to vertical size. Those widgets don't scale any larger than 2 high, but I don't know why it's automatically placed within a 3h space on your phone. Mine is fine, shows as 2h by default and I can scale them smaller than 2h, but if I try to go any taller I see what you are seeing. Might be an Android 7 issue I guess, I'm on an older Android but using Nova Launcher.

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Confirmed in my device running 7.1.1 I can't go into details about the phone model at this time, sorry.

All widgets from Poweramp, but not from other apps, appear to be one "unit" taller than they really are. Also, they cannot be resized.

Using Launcher3 (default Google Launcher from AOSP).

If needed, I can provide with screenshots.

I assume that part of the user interface redesign that Max is working on at the moment will necessitate making new widgets and notification panels, etc anyway. If so, perhaps the next beta release will resolve this issue? It is unlikely anything will be done with the v2 widgets at this stage though. 

Andre

Hi Andre :)

This only happens with Launcher3 but not with Google Now Launcher (the previous "official" Google launcher) so maybe it's just a glitch. It's not a big deal anyway, it just means losing space for a row of icons. Frankly, nothing that cannot wait to be fixed in the far future. I'll wait for the next version.

Thanks for replying :)

Archived