Allow tags to contain multiple entries

This has probably been requested before, but it would be nice if Poweramp could properly read tags with multiple entries. For example, the problem I'm having is with genre tagging. I use MusicBee to organise the music on my PC and it lets me put say "Blues Rock; Punk Blues; Alternative Rock; Garage Rock Revival; Garage Punk; Indie Rock; Folk" for a genre tag, then the track is listed under each individual genre eg. "Blues Rock". The semi-colon acts as a separator. Problem is when I sync to Poweramp I end up with "Blues Rock; Punk Blues; Alternative Rock; Garage Rock Revival; Garage Punk; Indie Rock; Folk" as it's own distinct genre. So artist too artist if the genres are not exactly the same .... well I now have about 112 genres, mostly overlapping (eg."Blues Rock; Punk Blues; Alternative Rock; Garage Rock Revival; Garage Punk; Indie Rock; Folk" and "Folk; Blues Rock; Punk Blues; Alternative Rock; Garage Rock Revival; Garage Punk; Indie Rock", so it has become a useless way of organisation. Currently I don't really use the genre features of the app, hopefully this will be improved in the future. This also probably bothers some with artist tagging as well.

Such a Great App Otherwise

• 4 months later...

Exactly, this feature is needed.
I think is better an additional data-field for personal purposes. where you can add tags or your particular genres.

This conduce you to another problem. Maybe you are experienced in this, not all the data is read after you pass 2^9 characters into the datafield

Archived