Creating Playlists on PC / WMP

ManOnTheMoon

Hi Everyone!

I created a playlist in WMP and hooked up my phone to the computer and synched the playlist to my phone.

When I open Poweramp, the playlist does not show up, but all of the tracks do. When I open the WMP playlist in Notepad I see that it uses absolute file paths, hence I can see why Poweramp can't read or use it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can create a playlist that will synch to my Android and become available in Poweramp?

Thank you for your help!! :)

First thing to do is to ensure that pa is able to find your m3u playlist. Check that the folder where you copied the playlist to, is scanned. Settings, Folders and Library, Music Folders and select only folders that you want pa to scan.

Your next thing to resolve will be to ensure that the path in your m3u is relevant for your device. when you create playlists on a pc, the file structure is different. There are many posts on this on the forum so i will not repeat it here.

As you say, the absolute path issue can cause problems when you move stuff between different devices. Poweramp will try to make its best guess (and it will internally handle changes from "\" to "/") but that still doesn't always work. If PA at least sees the playlist file but can't resolve the paths, then you will see the playlist's name within the Poweramp library view, but the list itself will appear empty when you open it. 

If that happens, first you need to make sure the folder names used on your mobile device match those on your PC (as far as the root of the music directory anyway). Then store your playlists inside that music folder (or on the same level as it, as long as you ensure that the new folder is scanable by Poweramp via Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders). Then convert the absolute paths in the M3U file to relative paths using a simple text editor. Once you've worked out a relative path format that works for both your PC and your mobile device, just do a bulk search-and-replace on the whole playlist file. Then the resulting playlist file should work on both systems.

Andre

You should remember that PA allows creating playlist on this app and it offers export to m3u8 format. However, don't forget that PA only import native androi playlist. It imports based on song title. Therefore, you need to create a native androi playlist which PA then can import. 

I wonder which version you are using. If you use paid version PA, I think it will be ok. For the trial version,we still have a chance to make use of these awesome features:   plays all most type of music: mp3, mp4/m4a (incl. alac), ogg, wma*, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta, mpc, aiff
- separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
- replay gain
- plays songs from folders and from own library
- dynamic queue
- lyrics support, including lyrics search via musiXmatch plugin
- embed and standalone .cue files support
- support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists.

If you still have problem with this app, try to reinstall it. I suggest you two ways: 1. Go to Google play to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer

2. Download APK file for PC and then transfer it to your devices to install as usual. This link is available: http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.maxmpz.audioplayer.apk

The paid and trial versions of PA are exactly the same, there is only a time limit not a feature limit. There is no need to use native Android playlists at all in either (although system playlists can be imported into Poweramp's database in case you have already created some).

PA  can also import various playlist formats, although it can only export/backup to standard M3U (it actually uses the M3U8 variant, which is the same as M3U but offers a wider character set)

Andre

Archived