Poweramp Stops Randomly

tom

I have a Samsung G900A with MM 6.0.1 and Poweramp v3 alpha. Recently I have been playing long relaxation music, some 2 hours long, some 8 hours. I notice PA stops playing randomly.  I'm not sure if it's PA v3 or some power saving function. To be clear, I don't have any power saving features activated. Then there's Doze, a MM feature. Any input would be helpful.

Edit: I'm suspecting Doze may be the problem. Sometimes I set the phone down and that's when it's been stopping.  Might need help with Doze. Thanks.

I disabled Doze for this app and that seems to have fixed the problem.  Another trick would be to keep the PA service always running. v3 seems to be working well, especially for an alpha build. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, this is quite late, definitely whitelist this app so doze doesn't put it to sleep, there is also a wakelock setting to prevent services from closing it after you close the screen. Not sure if root apps can override since I don't use doze anymore. 

Misc->tweaks->use wakelock. 

But yeah, I just have it checked off in case my rom/ greenify does anything to it while screen off. No problems yet. 

My music will randomly pause as well.  This has happened since Android 5 days, and I'm now on Nougat running Alpha 703.  The pauses also occur with other music players so it's not Poweramp.  I think there's an app somewhere that's killing audio focus, but I haven't been able to track it down.  Sometimes for instance, music will pause after a notification.  In PA, I have it set to duck when a notification happens.  I notice with 703 that it works about 60% of the time.  Audio will duck in volume and then return; other times the audio will just pause.  Like I said though, this behavior is across the board and not limited to PA.

I've tried whitelisting it with Android's power saving features but that didn't work.  It's very annoying to say the least.  

I have the same situation with pausing, but there are two cases:

1) PA pauses music once BT device is connected. I tap play. PA may hang 1-5 minutes and then only self pause and I have to tap Play again to make it play. This happened as on Wolla v6.2 ROM and Android 6.0.1 so with Android 7.1 and CM 14.1 ROM.

2) PA pauses music after 5-10 seconds when I made a screenlock

Android: 7.1

ROM: CM 14.1

Device: HTC One M8 Dual Sim

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently discovered that when PA pauses, it creates a second PA window, with nothing in it. If I resume playing in the original window, either before or after closing that second window, there is no effect. Then it will pause again, same empty window generation. 

I suspected notifications might be causing the pause, and discovered if I go into airplane mode, NO PAUSING! 

Of course, no communication, but when I'm riding, I can live with that. Hope this helps resolve this so annoying issue. 

PA Version 703, Android 6.0.1

Motorola Droid Turbo

• 3 months later...

My shield k1 tablet was killing the app when it ran in background, not just pausing it. I can confirm that disabling doze in Nougat rectified my issue. I guess 2GB ram isn't enough for modern android to run faultlessly without some tweaking. I don't get the issue on my mate 9 with 4GB ram. Thanks for helping me find the answer to my issue ?

Archived