3 dots menu can't be disabled

Hello,

I'm using Poweramp stable v2.0.10-build-588-play , but i can't disable 3 dots menu. I found it on Menu settings, but its grayed out. My android rom is MIUI 8 based on Marshmallow 6.0.1. Screenshots attached.

Could you help me, please...

Screenshot_2016-10-31-17-39-11-067_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2016-10-31-17-39-01-219_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think it is only a selectable option on devices/ROMs which report that they have a hardware menu button.

Andre

But its very annoying me. Look at screenshot below, 3 dots menu make music tittle can't be read properly. FYI, my device does not have hardware menu button.

Screenshot_2016-11-01-08-20-48-730_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

It's shouldn't look like that, the text should not flow underneath the button. Could you try a different skin and see if that helps? If there is no hardware menu button though, you can't disable the soft one otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to the menu.

The other option would be to enable the Android Action bar in Settings > Look and Feel > Menus which will put the menu button in an icons bar at the top of the screen instead.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It's shouldn't look like that, the text should not flow underneath the button. Could you try a different skin and see if that helps? If there is no hardware menu button though, you can't disable the soft one otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to the menu.

The other option would be to enable the Android Action bar in Settings > Look and Feel > Menus which will put the menu button in an icons bar at the top of the screen instead.

Andre

Changed to default skin, still can't be disabled.

Changed to android action bar, menu 'show menu icon' still grayed out. But 3 dots still exist on top also i can't disable it, look at screenshot.

Screenshot_2016-11-01-21-50-08-859_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

No, I said you shouldn't be able to disable it if you don't have hardware menu buttons (otherwise how could you get into the menu if you needed it?) but you can move it away from covering the song title, which is what you seemed to be  having a problem with.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, I said you shouldn't be able to disable it if you don't have hardware menu buttons (otherwise how could you get into the menu if you needed it?) but you can move it away from covering the song title, which is what you seemed to be  having a problem with.

Andre

Oh..

So, its imposisble to remove 3 dots menu?

59 minutes ago, exodius said:

Oh..

So, its imposisble to remove 3 dots menu?

On your ROM, apparently yes. Otherwise you'd be one of those people who occasionally have the opposite (and much worse) problem of the ROM reporting the other way around and saying there are hardware buttons when there aren't, then you are stuck unable to access any menu options or Settings, etc.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

On your ROM, apparently yes. Otherwise you'd be one of those people who occasionally have the opposite (and much worse) problem of the ROM reporting the other way around and saying there are hardware buttons when there aren't, then you are stuck unable to access any menu options or Settings, etc.

Andre

So, could you add fully support MIUI 8 rom? I very like this music player. :(

9 hours ago, exodius said:

So, could you add fully support MIUI 8 rom? I very like this music player. :(

It is supported. However removing the on-screen menu button is not. As you've already stated, your device does not have a hardware menu button, so getting rid of the software one would stop you from being able to access PA's menu in order to adjust the app.

That option is not available at all (for any ROMs) in the Poweramp v3 alpha test releases by the way, so it will probably be something of a moot point soon anyway.

Andre

On 11/2/2016 at 6:28 AM, andrewilley said:

It is supported. However removing the on-screen menu button is not. As you've already stated, your device does not have a hardware menu button, so getting rid of the software one would stop you from being able to access PA's menu in order to adjust the app.

That option is not available at all (for any ROMs) in the Poweramp v3 alpha test releases by the way, so it will probably be something of a moot point soon anyway.

Andre

Yes my device does not have hardware menu, but it has navigation button (menu , home & back). I still can access menu from it. But why 3 dots menu still grayed out?

On 11/8/2016 at 9:30 PM, andrewilley said:

As I said, the ability to remove the three-dots / three lines menus has already been phased out from the next release of Poweramp (alpha test is already available) so I think this is a moot point anyway.

Andre

Why it has already been phased out from the next release of Poweramp? :(

1 hour ago, exodius said:

Why it has already been phased out from the next release of Poweramp? :(

There are now two menu-style facilities available in the alpha-test release, apparently as per Google's Material Design concepts (so I guess that's where the blame lies):

The three-vertical-dots icon is for functions which pertain to the current screen only, also known as an overflow list (containing items such as Add to Playlist, Enqueue, Shuffle, Delete, Lyrics, Info/Tags, etc). This is the list that also pops up if you happen to have a device which has a hardware menu button.

The other (three-lines) icon is the more traditional overall menu feature, which accesses general app functions such as Settings, Library View Types, etc. This is also available by swiping in from the right-hand edge of the screen.

That's the way Max has designed it so far anyway, and there is currently no facility in the alpha-test release to hide any of the icons from the player screen (although that may change at some point, as he is working on the rest of the material design elements for the UI at the moment).

Andre

I think there should be an option to show/hide this on-screen menu button according to the user's choice. F.e. my device (ZUK Z2) has no hardware menu button, but I can assign this function to swipe (or double-press or long-press) on the hardware home button. So, actually I don't need on-screen menu button because I've assigned its function to home button swipe, but I also have no option to disable it, which is annoying. I hope, the developer will hear customers and unblock option for disabling on-screen menu button.

Archived