iTunes Music to Poweramp Android

kofbaow

I decided to go with Android and bought a new Galaxy S7 a few days ago. I have a large music library in iTunes but now I don't know how to move those music to Android, so that I can play then on Poweramp app. What is the right way to do that?

You need to download your songs onto your device (either to your PC first and then copy them over via a USB cable, or directly to your device if you are able). They must be clean audio files, not encrypted or DRM protected. Personally I prefer MP3 format, but iTunes doesn't always play nice with MP3s and if it downloads a different format I'd stick with that rather than converting the files again.

Once on your device, make sure the folder location where you have saved the files is accessible for Poweramp's music scanner, which you can do via Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders.

Andre

On 2016/10/25 at 2:19 PM, kofbaow said:

I decided to go with Android and bought a new Galaxy S7 a few days ago. I have a large music library in iTunes but now I don't know how to transfer iTunes music to Android, so that I can play then on Poweramp app. What is the right way to do that?

There are many transfer program which help you transfer music or other data from iTunes to Android, like doubleTwist.
When syncing files using doubleTwist, take note that the copied music files will stored in the Music folder inside the internal SD card of the phone or tablet.

1. Install and launch doubleTwist on your computer.
2. Connect your phone to the computer. Make sure USB Mass Storage mode (or MTP) is enabled on your phone or tablet.
3. Your device should be recognized automatically, which will trigger a syncing window.
From here, you can use doubleTwist to transfer all music files, playlists, or selected music files from iTunes to your Android phone.

• 2 months later...

Before showing how to transfer iTunes Music to Android, I have to clarify two kinds of "iTunes Music". Nowadays, when some people say "iTunes Music" or "iTunes songs", they mean "Apple Music". The songs you downloaded from Apple Music are DRM protected. However, not all iTunes music are protected by FairPlay. iTunes has released some DRM-free music, marketed as iTunes Plus music which can be burned to CD as many times as you need, synced to any AAC-enabled device (such as iPad, iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV), and played on any Mac, Windows computers or media players you own.

To transfer DRM protected iTunes songs to Android, you first need to remove DRM from Apple Music and then convert them to MP3. Then, you can easily copy and paste them on your Android phone. 

For DRM-free iTunes songs (usually ended with .m4a extension, you need to convert these iTunes songs to MP3 first since most Android phones don't support M4A. 

The alpha builds of Poweramp can play AAC audio (such as files with M4A extensions) but as you say it can't play material that is encrypted by the provider to only play in their software. Also I find some AAC encoding is more reliable than others, and embedded tagging is generally poor (or nonexistent).

Personally I would never pay for something (music or video) for which I did not then have a decent level control of how I use the file and what I play it on. I prefer to control my technology and the way it behaves rather than having it dictate to me how I should use it (which is why I have Android and Windows devices, and not a single Apple product in the house - no matter how nice their actual hardware might be).

Andre

• 5 weeks later...

For the DRM-free iTunes Music, why not directly connect you Galaxy S7 with your computer then find the downloaded music files and transfer it. But for the DRM-protected music, you can only convert these music files to MP3 that playable on Poweramp app via some DRM removal 

It's really not an issue, Just go to C:\Users\YourName\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music on your Windows Explorer and copy each and every folder from there to your S7's Internal Memory/SD Card, in Poweramp itself set it to scan whatever folder you copied your folders to and then just scan it, it works just fine. I personally buy all of my music from iTunes aswell and Poweramp plays iTunes' AAC(M4A) files just fine. 

KEEP IN MIND: Music downloaded using the Apple Music streaming service on your computer (M4P) is a DRM protected file and will not be able to be played on your phone using Poweramp. Only music that you've actually bought from the iTunes store.

ss.PNG

• 6 months later...

To play iTunes music on android devices, as I know, it is impossible previously. But now, with DRM removal software, we can play all iTunes music and videos on non-Apple devices without limitation. Since all iTunes music and videos are encrypted with fairplay DRM protection, so you need to remove it at first [Copyright removal tool link removed] after that, you can enjoy it on android and Samsung devices. Hope this point is useful to you. Good luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, if your iTunes music were purchased before 2009, then those songs are protected by DRM. Unless you use some third-party software like [Link removed] to unlock the DRM, you can't directly sync those iTunes music to Poweramp. But currently all iTunes music are free of DRM protection. You don't need to remove DRM but only convert those M4P file format to more commonly MP3 or others. BTW, TunesKit also works with it by converting the common iTunes songs to MP3 and other formats.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 6:04 AM, AndrewReal said:

For the DRM-free iTunes Music, why not directly connect you Galaxy S7 with your computer then find the downloaded music files and transfer it. But for the DRM-protected music, you can only convert these music files to MP3 that playable on Poweramp app via some DRM removal 

Well . don't need any tools ? the last time I transferred data was to connect my phone to my computer , but i can not found any data on my new phone , it is not as easy as we thought ,

4 hours ago, JamserP said:

Well . don't need any tools ? the last time I transferred data was to connect my phone to my computer , but i can not found any data on my new phone , it is not as easy as we thought ,

What are you trying to do? What is the data you are looking for on your new device?

Andre

On 10/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, EthanOrin said:

As far as I know, if your iTunes music were purchased before 2009, then those songs are protected by DRM. Unless you use some third-party software like [Link removed] to unlock the DRM, you can't directly sync those iTunes music to Poweramp. But currently all iTunes music are free of DRM protection. You don't need to remove DRM but only convert those M4P file format to more commonly MP3 or others. BTW, TunesKit also works with it by converting the common iTunes songs to MP3 and other formats.

That is great , if user want to transfer music to Android from iTunes , what he need is a USB cable , he needs to connect these device

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Why not to try iSyncr from Jrtstudio? Now I'm using iSyncr for a long time ago (from 2013) and have not any problems. All my music files (which I want to play), playlists, etc - goes in my phone "Music" folder (or other, by your wish). So I can use my Poweramp as I was using Ipod.

P.S. My English is not fine, so keep it in mind, please. )

• 6 months later...

Archived