Permanently setting album art?

Subhan

Have been using Poweramp for quite some time now and have my music laid out perfectly as I want it. A lot of my music had incorrect tags or ones that weren't right so I sorted it out all out and added album art for pretty much every song I have.

I was wanting to copy my songs onto another device (possibly an ipod so using iTunes) however I think the album art is all saved on my S6?  I think the tags will have changed but the art is in a separate location. Is there anything I can do to permanently change the album art on my songs or have it all set up right? Possibly copy all the songs and then all the album art from wherever it's saved? 

Any help is massively appreciated :) 

Downloaded album art is stored in a folder on your device, not within the music files. Personally, when editing the other tags I think I'd have used a batch editor on my PC to embed the images too, as that's the best way to ensure the pictures always stay with the music regardless of where you move stuff.

Downloaded images are cached locally by Poweramp in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ in the subfolders album_art , micro and selected_aa.

@TheoKlink the next feature for your Playlist Manager app perhaps, as it seems to be turning into a bit of a tag manager too. :) 

Andre

16 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Downloaded album art is stored in a folder on your device, not within the music files. Personally, when editing the other tags I think I'd have used a batch editor on my PC to embed the images too, as that's the best way to ensure the pictures always stay with the music regardless of where you move stuff.

Downloaded images are cached locally by Poweramp in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ in the subfolders album_art , micro and selected_aa.

@TheoKlink the next feature for your Playlist Manager app perhaps, as it seems to be turning into a bit of a tag manager too. :) 

Andre

Ah yes, that makes sense. Could I copy all my music files and that folder filled with the album art over and would that work possibly? Or take the pictures and paste them straight into the music folder? 

I'm not massively fussed about it the album art as the tags etc are all set but would be nice considering it took me a bit to get them set on the app :) 

New Playlist Manager has a fully fledged tag editor and allows you to set the albumart onto the mp3 track itself. It is my understanding that Poweramp gives precedence to embedded albumart.

Once set, it will be part of your tracks. As Andrew states:

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Personally, when editing the other tags I think I'd have used a batch editor on my PC to embed the images too, as that's the best way to ensure the pictures always stay with the music regardless of where you move stuff.

Archived