Stretched out and distorted cover arts

Kosaki

Hello,

I wanted to report this issue that bugged and still bugs me quite a bit since 2.0.6 (and probably previous builds) as a paid version user, and sadly it has worsen with the alpha builds.

I'm currently running on :

Alpha build 703 (Full Version), Moto G 3rd Gen, Android 6.0.1

Here's the issue :

In the different Library lists and Folders lists, albums that have a rectangular cover art have their cover arts displayed stretched out vertically or horizontally to fit in a more standard square ratio, distorting them quite badly.

Since the alpha build for version 3.0, this issue has extended to the widget, and this what triggered me to come reporting it. In 2.0.6, the cover art displayed on the widget kept its ratio when cover art shadow was enabled. When disabled, the cover art would get cropped to a square ratio (which I was content with, but it's no longer the case).

Meanwhile, cover arts are being displayed correctly in the player view and notification status bar.

Here are screenshots :

(Sorry I don't know how to put these pics in spoilers here)

1476824319-img-20161018-223427.jpg

1476824318-img-20161018-223519.jpg

1476824319-img-20161018-223610.jpg

1476824320-img-20161018-223633.jpg

1476824320-img-20161018-223707.jpg

I know that this issue has already been reported in at least one thread, but I felt like I should bring it back.

I've submitted a bug report via the Google Docs form already. Wasn't sure whether to post this thread in addition on Bugs or on this section.

Thanks for reading, and please tell me how to fix it or if a fix is planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What software did you use for adding for tagging your music?

I happened to encounter that bug too and I made sure that the album art is of square form, but after changing app to tag my songs, I didn't encounter the issue anymore.

• 1 month later...
On 30/10/2016 at 10:56 PM, Poro said:

Hi,

What software did you use for adding for tagging your music?

I happened to encounter that bug too and I made sure that the album art is of square form, but after changing app to tag my songs, I didn't encounter the issue anymore.

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I didn't notice your post.

I use mp3tag for everything.

Archived