Some embedded album art not showing

UnoriginalAlias

Hi guys. I know these sorts of issues/questions are common, but I've searched through the forums and have tried troubleshooting to no avail.

I have the trial version of power-amp 2.0.10 build 588 running on a Samsung Galaxy S7. I've been making playlists on musicbee and then syncing those playlists onto my phone to test out Poweramp and see if I want to use it as my main player. When I sync my music, I configure musicbee so that is embeds my album art as it syncs my music. The problem is that a fair amount of my albums aren't displaying the album art.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, deleting and resyncing the files, unchecking 'download album art' in the settings, deleting the album art cache, doing a full rescan and deleting the 'selected_aa' folder in the file system of my phone and none of those steps have worked. I can see by checking the files on my phone and laptop that the album art is definitely embedded. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the size of the album art either, as some album art is missing which is the same size as others which are showing.

Are there any troubleshooting steps I've missed out, or known solutions to this I'm overlooking? I really like Poweramp, but if I can't get this fixed I think I might just start using another player.

I've fiddled about a bit with retagging and changing file names a bit:

What I did first was copy a couple of the files where the album art wasn't showing (from different albums), and tagged/named them as songs of an album I didn't already have in my collection or phone, and the album art didn't show. I then tried the same thing with 2 files whose album art was showing, and the album art did show.

However, I also tried deleting an album I had already synced on my phone whose art was showing, and replacing the first two songs with files whose album art wasn't showing, and the album art showed, so my results seem a tad inconsistent.

I've linked two of the songs that don't display album art on Poweramp below:

https://ufile.io/5926

https://ufile.io/9de5

Just to check, but you are talking about artwork displayed in the Player screen aren't you?

Thumbnail art shown in the Albums List or Grid follows different rules (usually the image is taken from that contained in last file for that album, or cover.jpg file). See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected for some discussion on the subject.

Andre

I've checked the files you sent, and I see the same result (no artwork shown in the Player screen, and displaying Tags/Info does not report any embedded images).

I tried removing all the tags in TagScanner, and then pasted them back in again, and then it works fine, so there's obviously something a bit non-standard in the way the tags have been formatted - but as to the reason, I think we'll have to leave that to Max to uncover.

One thing that I did note is that there are v1.1 tags and v2.3 tags in the same files, but that shouldn't cause any problems and the 2.3 ones should be used if present (unless the 1.1 tags are corrupt in some way?)

Andre

Archived