Poweramp disappeared

Singer1

When I put a new SD card in my phone Poweramp disappeared. Still shows the unlocker icon, but when I tap it it asks me to install the Trial even though it's thanking me for purchase! Tried to download the Trial hoping to re-verify purchase but it kept downloading for 1/2 hour and I gave up. Poweramp had been working with the previous SD cardWhen I put a new SD card in my phone Poweramp disappeared. Still shows the unlocker icon, but when I tap it it asks me to install the Trial even though it's thanking me for purchase! Tried to download the Trial hoping to re-verify purchase but it kept downloading for 1/2 hour and I gave up. Poweramp had been working with the previous SD card

I downloaded Poweramp as it asked me to "install the Trial "even though it's thanking me for purchase. It was back on board but now can't find any of the files it was playing previously off my SD card.

Downloaded a free app simply called MP3 player and it is playing songs fine. Google's MP3 player that comes with the Android OS, recognizes the folders of songs, but takes about minute to start up and then says there was some problem to which I tap on the OK to launch the app that will play one song and then stop rather than continuing through the library. 

How can it be so hard to have an app for one the simplest and oldest uses of our recent computer tech, to play music? Guess I'll buy an iPod. 

You need to download the 'Trial' version first, as that is the fully featured player app. However (as the name implies) it will only work on your device for two weeks unless you purchase the accompanying unlocker app which allows Poweramp to continue to work permanently.

As far as your music is concerned, you may need to tell Poweramp where the files are located. Remember that PA does not scan the entire device like some apps do, it only scans exactly where you tell it to. Go into Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders and ensure that the location where you store your music is ticked (and that everywhere else is unticked).

The general consensus is that on Android 6+ devices is it better to set the SD Card mode as portable storage (i.e. mapped as external drive) rather than using the new 'adopted storage' mode which tries to virtually map your SD Card's contents within the device's regular internal folder structure (usually as some bizarre numerical folder name).

Andre

Thanks Andre. It is working again due to your instructions. 

I downloaded Poweramp as it asked me to "install the Trial "even though it's thanking me for purchase. It was back on board but now can't find any of the files it was playing previously off my SD card.

Downloaded a free app simply called MP3 player and it is playing songs fine. Google's MP3 player that comes with the Android OS, recognizes the folders of songs, but takes about minute to start up and then says there was some problem to which I tap on the OK to launch the app that will play one song and then stop rather than continuing through the library. 

How can it be so hard to have an app for one the simplest and oldest uses of our recent computer tech, to play music? Guess I'll buy an iPod. 

Sounds like there might be a problem with your SD Card. It might be worth reformatting it and copying all the file back onto it.

You have followed the advice I gave you to tell Poweramp where you would like it to scan for music haven't you? (using Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders) I normally untick everything at the root level first, and then tick just the overall folder in the SD Card which contains all my music (which will cause all the subfolders to become ticked too). Then do a Full Rescan in Poweramp to make sure everything is found.

Andre

Archived