Spotify - Google Play Music support

eddie_the_man

• 3 weeks later...

+1

It would be nice to add a feature to connect different internet-sources. It can be implemented like plug-ins: for example a plugin for a GooglePlay music, a plugin for samba shares and DLNA, so users can implement their own plugins for a different streaming sources, radio-stations/etc.

If Poweramp give a interface for developers to implement such things - it will make this player much better

Currently Poweramp does not support any streaming services, because in Max's opinion the quality wasn't high enough and he wanted to spend more time on things like high-def audio output of local files than low-def internet streams. The quality of streaming audio has improved a lot though, so maybe he will relent once v3 is finally out? At present though, PA operates from a library index of local files only.

Google Play music can be played though, as long as you download your purchase to your device as an audio file rather than streaming it.

Andre

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2016 at 8:50 AM, andrewilley said:

Currently Poweramp does not support any streaming services, because in Max's opinion the quality wasn't high enough and he wanted to spend more time on things like high-def audio output of local files than low-def internet streams. The quality of streaming audio has improved a lot though, so maybe he will relent once v3 is finally out? At present though, PA operates from a library index of local files only.

Google Play music can be played though, as long as you download your purchase to your device as an audio file rather than streaming it.

Andre

Can you explain how this can be accomplished? I have downloaded music via Google play and it does not show up in Folders or Library(even after a rescan)

Downloaded music from Google Play is kinda hidden from general view, and they store it using random numeric filenames and poor tagging (but at least with an .mp3 extension). I think it should be in Android/data/com.google.android.music/files/music/ . That location would not normally be set as scannable in PA, you would need to enable (tick) it in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders

Andre

• 4 months later...

I would also like this feature. Google Play Music - I think it has a public API that allows third party apps to connect and display the GPM Music Library. For example Bubble UPnP does this and USB Audio Player Pro does this with Tidal and will also add support for GPM in the future.

Archived