location of albumcover cache changeable

roody

It would be nice to be able to select/change the path where the albumcover cache us located. Poweramp totally messes up my picture gallery on android because it places all the pictures at the same location (level) as the default folders for pictutes are. With about 1400 albumcovers I can hardly find my dotos anymore.

Album art is not stored anywhere near where Android saves its camera photos. Your camera photos will be on your memory card somewhere like /DCIM/Camera , while PA's cache is in device memory in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/album_art or /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/micro . Both of those PA folders should contain a .nomedia file which Android should respect to avoid indexing any of the cover the artwork in your Gallery.

Andre

Hi andrewilley

Great, thank you :-)

I could not find one of the directories you mentioned, only
    /Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/cache
  /Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files
and both were empty

BUT because of that I realised that they weren't Poweramp-cached covers, but my own cover.jpg files which are located in every albums directory.

AND Your hint with .nomedia solved my problem by placing one single . nomedia file in the main/top sound-directory where my mp3s are.

Thank you very much :-)

Yes, it's definitely worth putting a .nomedia file in the top level of your music folders. That will stop Android from scanning for any photos and music in there, and thus duplicating everything. Poweramp does not recognise .nomedia files itself, it uses its own MusicFolders system for specifically locating music.

Andre

• 4 months later...

Archived