Cannot diagnose skips/hiccups/stuttering

Hi,

I cannot diagnose why Poweramp is skipping/hiccuping/stuttering. 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have tried it on stock Touchwiz 5.0.1 and 4.4.2, Poweramp 2.0.10 build 588 

I am aware of the article

http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323527-skips-hiccups-stutters

And the results from trying to use this have are:

• Not an SD card issue (music plays perfectly in stock player)
  • Not Bluetooth issues (using regular wired headphones)
  • Not tweaked ROM (I use stock Touchwiz 4.4.2 and 5.0.1, unless Touchwiz is considered tweaked?)
  • No additional 3rd party audio effects (Adapt Sound has never been touched/set up)
  • No CPU hungry apps (Show CPU usage in developer options does not indicate high CPU usage and GSam battery monitor shows the highest battery usage being Android OS itself)
  • No broken formats (skipping is not consistent with particular files)

If you could please help me resolve this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I have reset my phone on stock 4.4.2 and 5.0.1 in attempts to resolve it.

5 hours ago, domscr said:
  • Not an SD card issue (music plays perfectly in stock player)
  •  

That's not necessarily true, Poweramp is a lot more access-intensive than stock players (especially with higher bitrate files, etc). Are your music files just regular MP3s?

Could you try putting some tracks on internal storage and see if there is any difference? If that helps, try copying everything off your card onto a PC, reformat the card, then copy everything back. (Don't restart your phone until the SD Card is back in place, otherwise you could lose your current library/playlists/ratings/etc).

Andre

Yes I have tried increasing the buffer size and audio thread priority, and yes the issue is just as bad with the screen on or off. Build 588 didn't fix the problem either so I'm biting the bullet and flashing CM 13 soon. Hopefully that fixes the problem 

On Monday, September 05, 2016 at 4:23 AM, andrewilley said:

That's not necessarily true, Poweramp is a lot more access-intensive than stock players (especially with higher bitrate files, etc). Are your music files just regular MP3s?

Could you try putting some tracks on internal storage and see if there is any difference? If that helps, try copying everything off your card onto a PC, reformat the card, then copy everything back. (Don't restart your phone until the SD Card is back in place, otherwise you could lose your current library/playlists/ratings/etc).

Andre

Did max figure out the problem on the galaxy s7 with the popping noise when u use Bluetooth and have the high-res setting

• 4 weeks later...

Archived