Volume became too small

I got a s7 also are u talking about the output volume or the volume control panel? If talking about output volume being to low I agree with u even with the high-res feature ACTIVATED samsung music player is still louder at the same volume level. A volume boost would b nice or a way to raise output level in sound engine b nice to cause I'm to scared to root my phone and risk bricking it and we all know those boost apps on play store are a load of crap 

I used a mp3 aplifier app from playstore and raised the output level on all my songs then imported them back in my library and then raised replay gain to point of distortion then lowered gain to just below where distortion and clipping started and that helped big time at 50 % volume u hear every detail  

That would make the sound louder, sure. Potentially poorer quality, but louder.

A better way would be not to normalise the audio in the file after you originally sampled it, but to apply a ReplayGain value so that the maximum peak level in the file (whatever that might be) gets boosted to just below 100% digital level. That way nothing is going to get clipped. However quieter passages will stay quieter (which of course is how they are meant to sound).

Andre

12 hours ago, BugginPete said:

BS— there is an inherent issue w/ Galaxy S7/S7Note and the volume being WAY TOO LOW.  YOUR TEAM NEEDS TO IDENTIFY AND FIX IT.

It's the phone not app cause version 2 had same low volume and I have same issue with my s7 I wish there was a way to make it louder and keep sound quaility high with out having a root done or using a app 

• 3 weeks later...

Then why is Poweramp the only music player affecting drastically reduced volume?  And if it's the phone, you can pretty much scratch off the entire Samsung current generation phones off your customer list.  That's a pretty big problem to have for a playstore app, I would think.

Poweramp uses a lot more of its own audio processing code than most apps do, rather than just going through the native Android routes, which I suspect is why changes that manufacturers (or Goolge) make can sometimes cause it more problems that with other apps that just use more of the OS hooks.

Andre

I get that.  And I obviously really like and appreciate Poweramp or I wouldn't even be on this forum and talking about this issue.  Nonetheless, the fact remains, there is an intrinsic flaw with the coding related to EXTREME LOW VOLUMES with the current generation Samsung phones.  This is a deal breaker for most, myself included.  And just what are the workarounds being suggested?  A.) root the phone and try X,Y,Z, etc.....  or B.) use a 3rd Party app to adjust the dB of your entire mp3 library—effecting these same values with any other app you might use.  Those are both *temporary* workarounds that will ultimately have undesirable results.  Samsung completely dominates the Android market, there is no question.  So, for an app that relies on this very market, I think it's worth Poweramp taking a better look at it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. 

I have tried download severel other music players like neutron , blackplayer. nobody have the low volume issue. only Poweramp have this issue. volume automatically decreases when phone is ideal . or doing some process on phone. when phone is locked and unlock volume comes up again . 

This appears to be an issue caused by some recent Samsung phones, but hopefully Max (the PA dev) will be able to find out why it is happening and fix it, but I don't have a timescale I'm afraid.

Does turning DVC off completely fix the issue by the way, or does it come back even with DVC off?

Andre

Archived