Turn off shuffle

Stephen_A

I would like to know if there is any way of turning off or deactivating shuffle . I'm a classical music afficionado and the shuffle function is a nightmare. Even if I manage to turn it off on one album or folder, it's on again with the next folder. Or if I try swiping to the next track, the software jumps to a random track in the middle of another folder.

I appreciate that this request is in the minority but I would like to know if this is possible. Also apologies if there are instructions for this. I honestly cannot find them.

Andre thank you for your answer. Another one: and please tell me if you want this in a separate post. This might be connected to the shuffle problem. WHen I search under Album, the tracks are in a random order. How can I fix that so that they appear in track number order. Thanks.

The songs section of a search result should be in alphabetical order (as track number is meaningless when you are only seeing matched tracks, not whole albums).

If you drill down into a matched Album title, the contents should be in the sort order for that level (usually by track number, but it's configurable for each view type) 

Andre

• 4 years later...

How do you, for the love of God, turn off shuffle?

Everytime I hit the shuffle icon it flashes "Shuffle songs and categories" and jumps to a new song. There are none"shuffle options"  that appear.

Then, please un-"fix" the shuffle function to the original build when it made sense and worked!!

Read, researched - will never understand how shuffle all songs, and shuffle all songs and categories are not exactly the same thing. 

It is either shuffle is on, or off. 

5 hours ago, *fix poweramp* said:

How do you, for the love of God, turn off shuffle?

Read, researched - will never understand how shuffle all songs, and shuffle all songs and categories are not exactly the same thing. 

There are five Shuffle modes available in Poweramp - one of which is 'Off' - which are all discussed in more detail in the FAQ: 

To cycle through the modes, just tap on the Shuffle icon on the player screen (which is the icon on the far-right under the cover artwork) until you see the mode you want. You can also long-press on that icon to pick from a list if you prefer. That choice, including 'Off', will remain in place until you next change it - either by tapping on the player-screen Shuffle icon again, or by using the Play or Shuffle icons at the top of any of the Library lists to start a new playback session. However the Shuffle and Repeat modes will NOT be changed if you simply tap to play a specific song from one of the Library lists.

The difference between shuffling 'All Songs' and 'All Songs and Categories' is that 'All Songs' means that every song is a completely randomised choice from anywhere in your music library, i.e. fully random shuffle. Whereas 'All Songs and Categories' will shuffle all of the songs within one category first - e.g. shuffle all of the songs in the current album - then it will randomly choose a new album and shuffle all of the songs in that new album, and so on until all albums have been played.

Andre

Archived