Problem updating library - Won't update removed songs

Hey guys!

Long time user here, Poweramp is the best!

But there's a bug that has been nagging me for a while : Every time I remove some songs from my library and replace them with other songs using my pc and usb cable, the older removed ones still stay in my library.

I tried a simple scan, a full rescan, remove cache, no dice. The deleted songs still show in my library, and I get the annoying "Too many files failed -Playback  will stop now." error when a couple of them tries to play in line.

Any solutions for me?

Very odd, this still happens after a phone reboot I assume? You could try deleting the data from the app (not just the cache - or uninstall and reinstall) and force it to start from scratch. But the scanner should remove any items that have been deleted from the device's file system.

Andre

56 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Very odd, this still happens after a phone reboot I assume? You could try deleting the data from the app (not just the cache - or uninstall and reinstall) and force it to start from scratch. But the scanner should remove any items that have been deleted from the device's file system.

Andre

Yeah obviously deleting the app data resolves the problem, but it also erases all the settings, which is a PITA...

You can save settings and export playlists, but downloaded artwork and ratings would be lost (ratings can be backed up via Theoklink's Playlist Manager app by the way).

I was thinking more that perhaps that might be a one-off solution and the problem might not recur in the future? It does seem an odd one though.

Andre

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can save settings and export playlists, but downloaded artwork and ratings would be lost (ratings can be backed up via Theoklink's Playlist Manager app by the way).

I was thinking more that perhaps that might be a one-off solution and the problem might not recur in the future? It does seem an odd one though.

Andre

It's recurring even after I clear the data...

But I though of a solution after reading your suggestion : removing the folders from the library and re-adding them. It worked! :)

Archived