Why does Poweramp need to verify license through Google Play when Poweramp Unlocker is installed?

6 hours ago, Bill S said:

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get around this problem?

Are you still.using poweramp v2 (as you have posted in the legacy release forum) or the current releaae? What sort of licnece message are you getting when you run Poweramp? If it's a new device, have you been able to install the unlocker at all? If not, go to Play Store > My apps & games > Library and install the unlocker from the list of previously-used apps.

Andre

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

andrewilley, 

Thanks,  I followed the steps below and was able to not only restore my Poweramp purchase, but also received the latest updates.  I purchased the app 9 1/2 years ago and can once again enjoy listening to music.  

Hopefully, this will also help someone else.

Again, THANKS!

Bill S

Restore Poweramp Purchase

Please use Settings / Already Purchased?

Google Play:
You can reinstall Poweramp Full Version Unlocker any time for free as long as you use the Google account you bought it with. Note that for Google Play Store purchases, if you have multiple google accounts on the phone, your "original" Google account should be selected in Play Store (side menu / top-right white arrow next to your account).

If Play shows app price even if Unlocker is actually purchased:

• app double purchase to the same account is not possible on Play, it will refund/cancel your 2nd order immediately and Play will download it for free
  • please ensure proper Google account is registered on your phone and selected in Play app. Then install Poweramp Full Version Unlocker from Play

You can check if purchase is valid for your account here: https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory?purchaseFilter=apps

To restore purchase, please:

1. ensure you have Internet connection on the device and you can open https://powerampapp.com
  2. (Poweramp v2 only) ensure you have Google or Email account (as specified in purchase confirmation email from PayPro Global) registered under Android settings => Accounts.
    Poweramp v2 supports following types of accounts:
      - Google (requires Google Services on the device)
      - Google Email (IMAP/POP3, requires Google Services on the device)
      - HTC Email (doesn't require Google Services)
      - Motorola Blur (doesn't require Google Services)
      - Yahoo (doesn't require Google Services)
  3. ensure you have Poweramp uni build from Poweramp website (e.g. build-800-arm-uni). Play builds don't have non-Play purchase support, but Play builds can be installed over website version and license will retain.
  4. in Poweramp Settings use Already Purchased? => Website and type in that Google or Email account and Order ID (as specified in purchase confirmation email from PayPro Global).

Other purchasing methods:
Restore available via Settings / Already Purchased?

3 hours ago, Bill S said:

Thanks,  I followed the steps below and was able to not only restore my Poweramp purchase, but also received the latest updates. 

Great, once you'd confirmed which version of PA you were trying to install, that FAQ would have been my next suggestion. Glad you've got it sorted anyway.

Andre

• 4 months later...

This is outrageous. I can't believe this is how you run a paid app license in 2021.

This isn't how things are supposed to work at all.

You don't decide whenever a license is valid based on your whims.

I pay 5 euros for a music playback app, it should work, it shouldn't be a nightmare that keeps telling me I don't have a license. 

Android 10, only one google account on device, the same I've always used, bought the unlocker, used the latest v3 build for a while, it was a nice app, but then the license issues started.

It's not that hard, Max. You've went above and beyond to gatekeep access to the app in every possible way.

Why would anyone go this far to make licenses a nightmare at the expense of his paying customers, I will never get.

your (admittedly great) app is completely useless if i just can't have access to it no matter what. I left a 1 star rating and got the customary response, the developer doubting his customer's claims, attacking them and calling them liars.

well played Max, well played. 5 million downloads on a 5 dollar app that just refuses to work. You must be proud of yourself.

3 hours ago, Fmsrubio said:

Android 10, only one google account on device, the same I've always used, bought the unlocker, used the latest v3 build for a while, it was a nice app, but then the license issues started.

Out of eight rather bombastic paragraphs which say little or nothing about your actual problem, the above sentence appears to be the clearest information about problem you are apparently facing. Before going any further though, can we assume that you are actually talking about the current (v3) release of Poweramp, rather than the 5-year-old legacy v2 release as per the subforum heading? If so, I can move this to a current area of the forum for you so we can try to track down what your problem is.

Regardless, a bit more detailed information would help, such as your device (phone, car stereo headunit, DAP, etc), ROM version (stock or modified in any way?), Poweramp version, and some more details of the problem you appear to be experiencing. Assuming you are actually talking about a v3 installation, does your PA Settings > About page show any licence status? (You are looking for the wording "Purchase Verified and Stored", after which you can uninstall the Unlocker if you wish, although it does no harm to leave it installed).

In the meantime please also see the FAQ pages in case they helps:

Andre

• 3 months later...

>I have the same problem as Jammer

>unable and *unwilling* to buy(?) more(!) licences(!?)

>very disappointed that customers are expected to put their hands in their wallets to alleviate this problem

just... I don't know what else to say

I've spent a week trying to make this work and now the answer reveals itself to be absolutely unacceptable

What a waste

@MaxDissapointed Could you explain a bit more as to what you are talking about? This is an old archive thread with a lot of very old comments.

Firstly, are you still using Android 2.3.5, as Jammer99 was two years ago. And you are also using the original legacy Poweramp v2 (which is five years old now)?

What exactly are you experiencing?

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 3:17 PM, andrewilley said:

@MaxDissapointed Could you explain a bit more as to what you are talking about? This is an old archive thread with a lot of very old comments.

Firstly, are you still using Android 2.3.5, as Jammer99 was two years ago. And you are also using the original legacy Poweramp v2 (which is five years old now)?

What exactly are you experiencing?

Andre

Andre,

You mention this as an old thread devoted to older revs of the App.
Where might one post for the same issue using build 905-arm64-play, full version, with the Unlocker build-302?

I will say it is dumbfounding that this is even still an issue.

17 minutes ago, bee46 said:

Where might one post for the same issue using build 905-arm64-play, full version, with the Unlocker build-302?

If you feel you are having a problem with the current app, please post in the current forums - the Poweramp Bug Reports one if it's a specific fault, or General Chatter if it's of a more general conversation.

The licence process via the Play Store is vastly different today than it was 6+ years ago, but of course problems can always occur with technology in specific user situations. It might also be worth checking out the Purchase FAQ, in case your question has already been answered:

https://forum.powerampapp.com/kb/en_us/purchase/

Andre

On 7/1/2021 at 9:12 AM, andrewilley said:

If you feel you are having a problem with the current app, please post in the current forums - the Poweramp Bug Reports one if it's a specific fault, or General Chatter if it's of a more general conversation.

The licence process via the Play Store is vastly different today than it was 6+ years ago, but of course problems can always occur with technology in specific user situations. It might also be worth checking out the Purchase FAQ, in case your question has already been answered:

https://forum.powerampapp.com/kb/en_us/purchase/

Andre

Appreciate the response and yes, assuming that build description is a newer/newest rev, then yes, based in the now familiar pop-up as seen below, the problem, after not occurring for some time, reappeared.
A rather quick glance at the current forums didn't seem to find anything other than one instance occurrences not relating to my issue. 

PowerAmp license failure.png

• 1 year later...