Audioquest Dragonfly 24-bit/96khz support

Pastapipo

Dear Poweramp,

Could you take a look at the following matter?

While the Dragonfly Black is technically capable of reaching 24-bit/96khz, Poweramp stops at 24-bit/48khz. 

Using 'USB audio player pro' app and the 'Onkyo HF player' app, I do get higher resolutions (and the logo colour changes to magenta), but unfortunately not the user experience of Poweramp. 

Is there a way to get the 24/96 setting working with Poweramp? 

Thank you!

Phone: ZTE Axon Mini

Android: 5.1.1

Music file: 24-bit/96khz Flac.

Screenshot_2016-07-27-16-28-06.jpg

Bump. I just got my new USB C adapters for my HTC 10 that I've been waiting for. I'm gonna try the Dragonfly with it tonight most likely. I want to see if I prefer HTC's DAC or the Dragonfly, or if I'll even be able to identify a difference. I will post if I can't get anything above 48khz or even if I get positive results.

Update: I've plugged in my Dragonfly through a USB C adapter into my HTC 10, and it seems to be outputting at 24/96khz exclusively. I've tried lowering the the rates manually through the phone, but my dragonfly still indicates that it's playing music at 24/96 for all songs no matter what I do on the phone. This includes songs like mp3s that are 44.1khz and the like. No matter what happens, Dragonfly outputs at 24/96khz for me. I essentially have the same problem as Pastapipo, except I'm at the other end of the spectrum, so it's not too pressing of a problem in my case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 11:04 PM, TDMou5e said:

Bump. I just got my new USB C adapters for my HTC 10 that I've been waiting for. I'm gonna try the Dragonfly with it tonight most likely. I want to see if I prefer HTC's DAC or the Dragonfly, or if I'll even be able to identify a difference. I will post if I can't get anything above 48khz or even if I get positive results.

How did the HTC 10 compare to the Dragonfly?  Trying to decide if the audio of an HTC 10 is enough to keep me from choosing the Note 7 instead for my next upgrade.

• 4 months later...

Pros: Compactness, sound quality, no need to charge

Cons: Could not found any

This is really a must buy for an iPhone owner who likes to listen high quality music on iPhone. I am using it with my iPhone 7 Plus and the sound quality it improves will surely blow your mind. I know it is not that good like Chord Mojo and I am also owner of Mojo too but on the go it is very hard to manage it when DF Black will give you full flexibility because of it's compactness and it is really very pocket friendly in terms of pricing. Go for it.

I also uploaded a small unboxing video on youtube. You can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/jLGpTH6vkdM

Thanks...

Archived