Song Titles are only Numerical, not the titles

unwired

Sorry for the newbie question but after searching the forum I've still not found a solution addressing this.

-- I installed Poweramp and all of my songs were just numerical names instead of the actual song titles.

-- I upgraded to a paid version but the problem is still there.

-- I imported a bunch of music to my device directly (songname.mp3) and still the same problem.

-- I copied my music folders to my phone and still the same problem.

-- I redid the scan as well after the new songs and still getting the same issue.

Thanks for any help.

Poweramp uses the 'ID3' tags embedded within each song file to get title, artist, album, etc information.

Are these Google Music songs? If so, that's how Google saves them on your device, with no proper naming or tagging. I have no idea why (other than to make it harder for you to play them with non-Google apps). Use a batch tag editor or viewer on a computer (e.g. TagScanner) to see exactly what the embedded tags look like.

Andre

They were and you were right.

I loaded straight mp3 files for the next try and my music came up but when I hit play, the play 'freaks out'. Yeah - technical term.

The artist and even the artwork comes up. It shows that the songs are 2 to 5 minutes long but then when I press play it starts going through 2 or 3 songs a second. I can hear it playing them but it's just nonsense as it keeps skipping to the next song.

Thanks,

R

Andre,

I tried the microSD card back in the Laptop and using Groove I had no problem playing the songs.

I took another microSD card and only copied the music to it and tried it in the phone: worked like a charm.

I'll start moving my apps to the SD but looks like it's all good.

Thanks!

Unwired

A full backup of the contents to the PC, reformat, and then copy everything back will probably fix things for you (unless your phone is having problems with the size of the card).

Oh, and as a general precaution I'd suggest not putting too many files into any one folder if you can help it. One person had all 3000+ songs in one folder, and that caused some access speed issues.

Andre

Archived