Poweramp doesn't take all the tracks from a playlist

Hi,

before explain my issue:

1) Sorry if someone had already posted this, but I wasn't able to find it in this forum

2) I am using the Alpha version but the issue happens also with the stable one.

What I noticed is that Poweramp doesn't bring in all the songs avaiable in a playlist. In my example, I have a playllist of #359 tracks, but Poweramp sees only #325 (see pics).

few considerations:

- I made a rescan and a full rescan

- Other players (ie JetAudio) can read the whole playlist

Model: Samsung Galaxy S6

Poweramp: alpha-build-703-play (full version)

Thanks,

CL

Screenshot_20160615-100817.png

playlist.jpg

There doesn't seem to be anything odd about the filenames/etc in your device, from the list you posted anyway.

Have you managed to work out which songs are missing (even just a few as examples)? Do the missing songs appear correctly in Poweramp's Library view? (If not, they won't be visible in playlists either)

Andre

Hi Andre,

thanks for your quick response. I found a track (not easy to find the #34 missing tracks!) that should be included in the playlist.

Unfortunately I cannot post any pics anymore, so I'm not sure how can I show you this.

the path looks normal as many other paths...

moreover it is shown in the Songs library, so Poweramp cna see and play this song.

/storage/emulated/0/Music/Claudio Baglioni/Oltre/00 Claudio Baglioni - Dov'è Dov'è.mp3

Hi Andre,

that was the issue!!

Thank you so much, you made my day!

Last couple of things:

1) Wondering why I was able to see the file in the 'all songs' library; if Poweramp is not able to 'capture' the track in the playlist, how can see it in the 'All Song' library?

2) As far as you know, is there a tool that allows me to automatically remove the accent from the file name ? 

Thanks again for your help.

Poweramp can read and play the files, I suspect it's the playlist that has the problem.

If this is an external (file based) playlist try using the .M3U8 format rather than .M3U (M3U8 uses UTF-8 encoding and so supports a wider character set). You might even get away with just renaming the playlist file extension, worth trying first anyway See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U for more information on the differences.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

This is sooo annoying! Poweramp does not or incorrectly imports  .m3u file based playlists and many times the playlists are totally off! Only player that does this! The stock samsung player has absolutely no problem with importing playlists. Disappointing for a paid app!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I have the same problem. It doesn't show all songs from a Playlist.

I have a folder music and there are subfolders "album name". But there are also songs directly in the music folder and i don't see this songs in the Playlist. Only in the library.

Poweramp is the only player with this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a directory mapping issue. One one of the playlists in a text editor and check that the paths are correct (relative paths are fine if your files/folders are in the same location as the playlist file, or you can use absolute paths but those then become much more device specific).

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I don`t think its a mapping issue. I found out, that only songs with an album name are showing in the list in Poweramp. All other songs with empty album tag are not showing in the list. Only Poweramp has this problem, all other players sho the lists correctly.

What can i do?

I just created a file-based playlist with six items in it, four of which had no title/artist/albumtitle tags within the music files, and all six show correctly in the Playlists library. The songs without even a Title tag show in the list using their filenames.

Could you maybe upload one of your problem tracks so I can try that? And also the playlist .m3u file that you are using (it's plain text).

Andre

• 3 years later...
On 6/16/2016 at 7:24 PM, andrewilley said:

Try removing the accented characters in the filename and see if it works then? Is that a common factor among the missing songs I wonder?

Andre

is there any other way to adress this problem without editing a lot in my music library? Exported playlists with artists and song titles with é, ñ, ō and other tone marked letters cant be read by Poweramp

Archived