MusicBrainz integration for ID3 tags / album art / file naming conventions

Hi Folks,

I love Poweramp and have been using it for years. Definitely my favorite music player for Android. I'm not sure if a lot of people would like a feature like this, but I think it would be quite a unique feature. I have a lot of music and I'm consistently adding files from various free sources and think it would be cool to have a plugin for MusicBrainz integration. Ideally, you can select your music files and compare them to MusicBrainz and clean up the ID3 tags / download album art / rename and move the .mp3 files to a specified directory. On a PC I can update the ID3 tags, get album art and have MusicBrainz clean up the filenames and put them in a specified folder and I think this feature would be great. As an example it'll pull the ID3 tags and art and when writing, the program changes the directory and file names to something like Music / Artist / Album / ## (song number) - XXXXXX (song name).mp3 . That way if I download an .mp3 to my 'downloads' folder and it populates in Poweramp, I can select the file and have it sync with the ID3 tags and have Poweramp move the file over to my Music folder on my external SD card where I have more storage space and fully clean up and write the folders with the artist/album/ ## XXXX.mp3 naming convention. I know it seems complicated, but it could be another great feature as Android doesn't have any particularly good music management apps for cleaning up a lot of music and Poweramp could be the first. It doesn't even have to be MusicBrainz, I'm just using it as an example.

Anyway, thanks for reading the rant and hopefully it's something other people like and is something to consider.

Archived