Tasker intent to select a playlist

hansgruber

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 27/08/2016 at 10:45 AM, Koumal said:

Hans,

Do you find the way to launch Poweramp playlist from tasker ?

Thanks. 

Hi,

I've found a way to interrogate the current playlist in Poweramp V3 (through Tasker), and then if it needs changing send an intent (through Tasker) to change it. If anyone is still interested in how to do it let me know and I'll post the actions...

Regards

Rowan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to come back to this topic...

I installed and registered Poweramp especially for being able to start it with a designated playlist and I want it to play from the beginning of the playlist.

Unfortunately, all the examples did not really help me. I checked the command reference in the java api, I tried to use these examples.

I have only one playlist which was created with Poweramp.

Regardless what combination of ending parameters in

content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists

I use with command 20, I get random results. Rarely it starts or resumes the playlist or it plays anything else.

I tried

/0
/1
/1/files
/1/files/0
/1/files/1

all without success. Which content parameter do I need to start a specific playlist created with Poweramp with the first title of the playlist?

• 7 months later...
On 9/16/2017 at 4:22 PM, Rabangus said:

Hi,

I've found a way to interrogate the current playlist in Poweramp V3 (through Tasker), and then if it needs changing send an intent (through Tasker) to change it. If anyone is still interested in how to do it let me know and I'll post the actions...

Regards

Rowan

I'm interested in this Rowan. Could you post the actions to achieve this? 

Regards, 

Manuel

12 hours ago, papete said:

I'm interested in this Rowan. Could you post the actions to achieve this? 

Regards, 

Manuel

Hi Manuel, unfortunately in the last few builds the track info exposed through intents has changed. I've had a thorough look through the Api and as far as I can find it's now no longer possible to identify the currently playing playlist. Real shame because to do anything really useful you need to know the playlist you're dealing with...

I did raise this in the below thread, but unfortunately didn't get a response that gave any answers.

Should probably add, that to change currently playing playlist using Tasker you need to create a 'Send Intent' action with the following:

Action: com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND

Cat: None

Data:content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/%plist/files

Extra: cmd:20

Target: Service

Everything else blank.

Where %plist is a variable that contains the numeric index of the playlist that you want to select. Unfortunately since the recent changes you are probably looking at finding that through trial and error. They are numbered from 1 though, in the order in which they were created.

14 hours ago, Rabangus said:

Should probably add, that to change currently playing playlist using Tasker you need to create a 'Send Intent' action with the following:

Everything else blank.

Where %plist is a variable that contains the numeric index of the playlist that you want to select. Unfortunately since the recent changes you are probably looking at finding that through trial and error. They are numbered from 1 though, in the order in which they were created.

Thanks Rowan! Works like a charm. It would have been useful to get the currently playing playlist info, but this works for my needs.

Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, Rabangus said:

Everything else blank.

Rowan, is this working for you? Since 805 (I think) it is not working for me...

• 2 months later...

Guys I read though several posting on this topic.  I have 5 playlists. Now, when I use 

Data:content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/1 and cmd:20 it plays the first playlist if I change it to 

Data:content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/2 (for second playlist) it does not play the second one, it plays the first.

Is there an easy way to pick playlists? Or is that gone with the update?

playlist keys get generated sequentially but if you for instance delete one, the sequential numbering continues so you will get gaps. Perhaps I can add something to my app New Playlist Manager to list Poweramp playlist keys with its playlist name

I have added the key to show between parenthesis

image.png.358496ca67428e5177dc145fa29ae910.png

16 hours ago, LGK said:

Wow did not know that, thanks Flyingdutchman! Very nice of you to alter your app so we can use it as a tool!

furthermore, I have previously added tasker functionality so you can automate backups and restores of your ratings and automate tag updates

http://www.theo.klinkweb.nl/tasker.html

ps let me know if it worked

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issues with selecting a playlist. 

content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/1

I've been trying to get tasker to play three playlists on shuffle/random at different times. I've tried using the #s of the playlist (even confirmed that with flyingdutchman's app that I'm using the correct #s) but it's not playing the correct playlist. I don't know if there's a simpler way to do it so far, but this is what I've been using:

Shuffle intent:
Action: com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND
Data: content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/1
Extra: cmd:9

Play intent:
Action: com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND
Data: content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/1
Extra: cmd:20

Sometimes it shuffles, sometimes it doesn't. So I'm pretty lost with this.

Hell, I'd be happy if I could simply get it to shuffle a specific folder instead of a playlist. That'd save me time from having to update it each time I add music.

Archived