Replaygain and Audiofocus request

I would like to see two features added:

1) I am hoping that you can implement a Replaygain feature that was available on the Squeezebox platform. I could set a mode where it would use album or track gain based on the what was added to the playlist. For example, if I added an album(s) to the playlist, it would play in album mode, but if I simply added individual tracks, it would play in track mode.

2) Add an option to set the the duck volume when dealing with short audiofocus requests. I find the default option lowers the music a bit too much.

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Which part? Volume ducking on notifications is already in the alpha-test builds for v3.

The ReplayGain mode (album vs track) is defined when you encode the file, not when you play it back (as far as I know all it does is set the RG value in each file against either the maximum level found in that single file, versus the maximum level found over a group of files).

Andre

Oh, sorry heh.

The first bit.  All of my files have RG values for both track and album.  If I'm playing an album through, I want to use the album level (this is especially important when listening to albums with tracks with large dynamics across tracks).  If I've got a list with just tracks, or the collection on shuffle, I want to use the track level, so I don't have to keep adjusting the volume.  At the moment, it's only track or album no matter what the playlist contains.  Neutron Player has this, but it's lacking voice control at the moment.

Archived