Garbled playback over Bluetooth

jaxtherogue

Running the power amp beta on a Nexus 6p with N.  Playback of MP3 (320 in this case) over bluetooth is randomly garbled or sounds highly distorted at times. I have tried this to two separate devices: Ford Sync in my truck and a Braven-X speaker. It seems all tracks i played experienced the same issue. I did not experience this is in the production release of Poweramp.

I have the same issue, didn't start coming up until build 702. It is bad. It seems when it gets its worse it slows down my entire system. When I look at available memory I still have 500MB or more free when it gets pretty bad. A couple of times its completely locked up my phone, got hot, and rebooted. 

I have tried everything from different outputs, disabling DVC, tweaking buffer in every way possible. No go. The strange thing about this, I do not have any issues, whatsoever, with other popular music players via Bluetooth. I prefer to use Poweramp. BTW I know this is beta, but I have this same issue on both my G3 and G4 on the last stable release on V2. I suspected a while back that Poweramp just does not play well with LG devices. 

Everything works fine when using an audio cable/jack.

I have an LG G4 VS986 - Verizon.

On 7/5/2016 at 9:08 PM, Chiller252 said:

Try turning off Direct Volume Control in Advanced Audio Tweaks. In the beta I've had issues with that setting causing large amounts of distortion.

This worked for me too, thanks.

On 5/7/2016 at 2:08 PM, Chiller252 said:

Try turning off Direct Volume Control in Advanced Audio Tweaks. In the beta I've had issues with that setting causing large amounts of distortion.

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

Archived