Subsonic Music Streamer Integration

Please please please give us subsonic integration, this app would simply be the best if it was implemented. Just imagine if we could have our whole video and audio library at our fingertips using the best music player for Android? nothing wrong with stepping it up a huge notch ;)  I know you had this request like 4-5 years ago, but just trying to keep it fresh :D

Thanks!

I suspect if this ever happens (and cloud playback was not a route Max wanted to go down for Poweramp, he was looking more at high audio quality rather than remote streaming) it could be via plugins of some sort, as there are too many options out there to build them all into the main app.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 3:23 PM, Music1Life said:

I second that! I finally decides to make all my music to a server and everything is well cataloged but I can't enjoy my music using Poweramp anymore, I've started using DSub but it's nothing compared to Poweramp.

Yeah that would totally be cool, but in the meantime I set my Dsub cache to my external sd card and have Poweramp search within, I set Dsub to sync all my stars and it's not bad, at least it'll hold us in the meantime.  

On 4/27/2016 at 4:59 PM, andrewilley said:

I suspect if this ever happens (and cloud playback was not a route Max wanted to go down for Poweramp, he was looking more at high audio quality rather than remote streaming) it could be via plugins of some sort, as there are too many options out there to build them all into the main app.

Andre

True true, as I said above, we can set Poweramp to scan for the Dsub/subsonic cache location, it does it for me atm :)

• 7 months later...

Using a Dsub/subsonic for fetching and Poweramp for playing is the solution I've settled on as well. 

It has allowed me access to so much more of my music. It can get a bit clumsy, bouncing between apps, but it's still better than other solutions I've tried. 

It sure would be nice to have it integrated into PA. I hope Max considers it, at least.

I wouldn't even want a true stream for quality sake. Just a fetch (download file off home server).

A Temp (delete once played) or Add to Library (leave in media folder) option would be great, but no necessary.  

Archived