License Failure in Europe

FrankNatoli

Downloaded Poweramp to Droid Turbo. Paid $4 for activation. All OK in USA. Landed Milan, Italy. Driving on autostrada. All OK for half hour, then refuses to continue, complains cannot validate license. Even with Verizon data plan and/or WiFi refuses to validate license. I depended on playing my albums for much driving in Italy and IT REFUSES TO PLAY because it claims the license could not be confirmed. Incredibly unprofessional.

On 25/04/2016 at 10:25 PM, andrewilley said:

Please see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required . If that doesn't help, please contact Poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com with your registration details.

Whatever is described on that page is not the behavior I am seeing (I was a Poweramp user for quite a few years now). Every now and then it stops working and asks for license validation and no changes were done to the system apart from apps updates. The most annoying thing is when it happens on the road with no means to connect to internet - you effectively loose the whole app.

This is a bit of a rant  but recently it happened to me when I was on the go with no means to reconnect. Is there any reason why Poweramp cannot sell apps like other google app store merchants - when you pay for it you get a fully functional app installed that does not needs any subsequent internet access and activations? This activation crap is really annoying for normal users... I purchased quite a few apps and the Poweramp is the only one I am having these troubles with...

Archived