• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   03/22/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It's not quite ready for open testing yet, and although he would like to be able to get it out by the end of the March it may just drop over into April. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
maxmp

Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

505 posts in this topic

I am just giving some friendly consumer advice to people who's high quality output has stopped working since about a year ago as it did on mine.

That's what I am doing in a Poweramp forum and a thread for an alpha (a year and a half old alpha) :D

Seeing the non alpha version doesn't support hi res audio, I had to switch.

I'd love to get Poweramp back up and running, in the meantime whilst we all wait patiently for an update that might or might not come, I use Neutron and am advicing others who are running into problems to do the same.

I don't see any issue with that, do you?

So no need for sarcastic remarks as I can assure you, if that's the game you want to play I can fire a few of myself ;)

33 minutes ago, p50kombi said:

So no need for sarcastic remarks as I can assure you, if that's the game you want to play I can fire a few of myself ;)

Agreed, no need for personal comments here, if they start they will be deleted (whoever they come from).

Andre

@p50kombi I can tell you that whoever is running an alpha version on his smartphone is perfectly capable of finding an alternative app, test it and decide whether he is happy with it or not. I have used almost every app in the store that claims to do what pa is achieving, somehow I always come back to pa.

IMO your friendly consumer advice is not supposed to be in the forum of a competitor app, you can use the Play Store rating for that matter and (to be honest) I feel it is insulting my intelligence. And if you do not use Poweramp any more you may still keep the alpha version installed and be notified for an update, in which case, if it suits you, you are welcome to come back, otherwise delete it once and for all from your device. That's the way I see it.

I am not going to say anything further. Case closed as far as I am concerned.

9 minutes ago, musiclover said:

@p50kombi I can tell you that whoever is running an alpha version on his smartphone is perfectly capable of finding an alternative app, test it and decide whether he is happy with it or not. I have used almost every app in the store that claims to do what pa is achieving, somehow I always come back to pa.

IMO your friendly consumer advice is not supposed to be in the forum of a competitor app, you can use the Play Store rating for that matter and (to be honest) I feel it is insulting my intelligence. And if you do not use Poweramp any more you may still keep the alpha version installed and be notified for an update, in which case, if it suits you, you are welcome to come back, otherwise delete it once and for all from your device. That's the way I see it.

I am not going to say anything further. Case closed as far as I am concerned.

IMO forums are there to help each other, if that means pointing to another app.... so be it.

Especially since the developper of the app stated he is not going to contribute or offer support or answer questions in this forum himself.

Of course I still have the alpha installed and am hoping for an update soon.

I didn't know you had such long toes but I guess I stepped on them, I don't really see what the problem is here but obviously you do have an issue with me, again...so be it.....

Happy that the case is closed for you, as it is for me.

First time poster here.

Been using Alpha 703 (recently went to 704 to fix the Hi Res issue after the Nougat update) for a year and from that time and before that, I have tried (trialed) many other countless players (Neutron, HF, Jetaudio, etc.), but I keep on coming back to Poweramp. For me, this just goes to show how great this player is. If it's not one of the best, then it has to be da best!

The only one issue I have is that and here's hoping, that when the new version ever comes out (pray that It's very, very soon),  I'd be nice and be great to see my tracks info being displayed on my headunit in the car instead of just 'Unknown Track'.