Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

I am just giving some friendly consumer advice to people who's high quality output has stopped working since about a year ago as it did on mine.

That's what I am doing in a Poweramp forum and a thread for an alpha (a year and a half old alpha) :D

Seeing the non alpha version doesn't support hi res audio, I had to switch.

I'd love to get Poweramp back up and running, in the meantime whilst we all wait patiently for an update that might or might not come, I use Neutron and am advicing others who are running into problems to do the same.

I don't see any issue with that, do you?

So no need for sarcastic remarks as I can assure you, if that's the game you want to play I can fire a few of myself ;)

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, p50kombi said:

So no need for sarcastic remarks as I can assure you, if that's the game you want to play I can fire a few of myself ;)

Agreed, no need for personal comments here, if they start they will be deleted (whoever they come from).

Andre

@p50kombi I can tell you that whoever is running an alpha version on his smartphone is perfectly capable of finding an alternative app, test it and decide whether he is happy with it or not. I have used almost every app in the store that claims to do what pa is achieving, somehow I always come back to pa.

IMO your friendly consumer advice is not supposed to be in the forum of a competitor app, you can use the Play Store rating for that matter and (to be honest) I feel it is insulting my intelligence. And if you do not use Poweramp any more you may still keep the alpha version installed and be notified for an update, in which case, if it suits you, you are welcome to come back, otherwise delete it once and for all from your device. That's the way I see it.

I am not going to say anything further. Case closed as far as I am concerned.

9 minutes ago, musiclover said:

@p50kombi I can tell you that whoever is running an alpha version on his smartphone is perfectly capable of finding an alternative app, test it and decide whether he is happy with it or not. I have used almost every app in the store that claims to do what pa is achieving, somehow I always come back to pa.

IMO your friendly consumer advice is not supposed to be in the forum of a competitor app, you can use the Play Store rating for that matter and (to be honest) I feel it is insulting my intelligence. And if you do not use Poweramp any more you may still keep the alpha version installed and be notified for an update, in which case, if it suits you, you are welcome to come back, otherwise delete it once and for all from your device. That's the way I see it.

I am not going to say anything further. Case closed as far as I am concerned.

IMO forums are there to help each other, if that means pointing to another app.... so be it.

Especially since the developper of the app stated he is not going to contribute or offer support or answer questions in this forum himself.

Of course I still have the alpha installed and am hoping for an update soon.

I didn't know you had such long toes but I guess I stepped on them, I don't really see what the problem is here but obviously you do have an issue with me, again...so be it.....

Happy that the case is closed for you, as it is for me.

First time poster here.

Been using Alpha 703 (recently went to 704 to fix the Hi Res issue after the Nougat update) for a year and from that time and before that, I have tried (trialed) many other countless players (Neutron, HF, Jetaudio, etc.), but I keep on coming back to Poweramp. For me, this just goes to show how great this player is. If it's not one of the best, then it has to be da best!

The only one issue I have is that and here's hoping, that when the new version ever comes out (pray that It's very, very soon),  I'd be nice and be great to see my tracks info being displayed on my headunit in the car instead of just 'Unknown Track'.

I noticed a bug 

After enabled Hi-Res audio, 

V4a 2.5.0.5 stops working

In V4A page says "Processing:Yes"

But music audio for me is like a disabled EQ, Back to normal after Enabling OpenSl Or AudioTrack

6 hours ago, Waifu said:

I noticed a bug 

After enabled Hi-Res audio, 

V4a 2.5.0.5 stops working

In V4A page says "Processing:Yes"

But music audio for me is like a disabled EQ, Back to normal after Enabling OpenSl Or AudioTrack

Change v4a to compatibility mode it will solve the issue.

Loving the Alpha 704 on my LG V20. Just one thing though. Hope someone can help me out :)

I have set volume range to 100 and i find keeping it at 80-85 is ideal. But everytime i start the app, it goes back to 50 or so. How to make it stick to last set volume level?

So it appears that while build returns the high res output options for us in nougat, the routing is borked. Having any of the high res options selected now sebd the audio through the phone's speaker..... period

Edit: seems to have fixed itself -_- Still might look into getting some logs

34 minutes ago, KopaneDePooj said:

I have Alpha 704 installed.

Will it notify me when a new build or next major version is released?

If you are in the Google Play betatest programme, yes. If you installed the test releases manually and are not in the beta programme then no, you'll need to watch here.

Andre

17 hours ago, blvckjvck said:

Today i came back to 703 beta. 704 doesn't work with android 7.0 on my HTC 10. I don't have hi res output, but sound is still the best of all audio players.

I use 704 on my HTC 10. What doesn't work for you?
Yes Hi-Res output is buggy and stops once in a while when skipping but otherwise works well.

setup resample with SoX from 44.1khz --> 96khz: sound smooth and clear.

-SoX on

- Resampler cutoff (band pass): 94.5% ~ cutoff 20,8khz (default 97% ~ cutoff 21.3khz and Sox recommend is 95 % ~ 20.9khz.)

8 hours ago, phu said:

setup resample with SoX from 44.1khz --> 96khz: sound smooth and clear.

-SoX on

- Resampler cutoff (band pass): 94.6% ~ cutoff 20,8khz (default 97% ~ cutoff 21.3khz and Sox recommend is 95 % ~ 20.9khz.)

What if music is mixed (mp3, cd quality, 96 and 192kHz)? Should we use 96kHz or upsample everything to 192kHz?

16 hours ago, musiclover said:

What if music is mixed (mp3, cd quality, 96 and 192kHz)? Should we use 96kHz or upsample everything to 192kHz?

My device is Xperia Z2, support to max 96khz.

I share only information about band pass in Sox to limit distortion. You can upsample to 192khz, If you want.

On 04/04/2017 at 11:58 AM, musiclover said:

I think you should not resample at all as you gain nothing by resampling upwards, actually noise is added by resampling. If your device supports multiple sample rates it should output at the source sample rate, unless if the device resamples the audio in hardware and it's resample engine is dodgy. 

In my case (Moto X Style) everything is resampled to 48khz as I have no choice. 

3 hours ago, Kado said:

I think you should not resample at all as you gain nothing by resampling upwards, actually noise is added by resampling.

This is true, but at present Poweramp can only work at a fixed output setting during any given playback session, so either low-rez tracks need to be upsampled or high-rez ones need to be downgraded.

Until dynamic adjustment on-the-fly becomes possible, I would suggest setting the output to the highest value of any files that you might want to play. 

Andre

On 5/4/2017 at 3:13 AM, Kado said:

I think you should not resample at all as you gain nothing by resampling upwards, actually noise is added by resampling. If your device supports multiple sample rates it should output at the source sample rate, unless if the device resamples the audio in hardware and it's resample engine is dodgy. 

In my case (Moto X Style) everything is resampled to 48khz as I have no choice. 

Yes, you are right.

Because we don't have function "variable rate" in v3.

If you want use output hi-res, upsample is soulution in this case.

Hi, I have a question regarding external DAC support via USB. I've noted that it does have a USB DAC support under audio settings, but I don't seem to be able to get the player to detect the DAC (Oppo HA2-SE). So I'm wondering is there any steps I missed, like a button to press for pairing or something.

The cable used is a 2 way OTG cable that comes with the DAC, which worked fine when I paired it with my DAP. Just that I can't get the DAC to pair with the phone (BlackBerry Priv, if it matters).

Archived