Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few requests to improve the aesthetics:

1. Add the option to hide the Repeat & Shuffle options onscreen.  Unnecessary for me & they add clutter.
  2. Add the option to change the 3 lines in the upper left corner to 3 horizontal dots.
  3. Offer 2 options for the icons up top; they can either be up top, or below the image line.  I'd prefer a cleaner folder image. 

Example:  Below image line (from left):  3 horizontal dots > Search > Visual EQ > 3 horizontal dots 

Space:

Prev. Folder > Restart Track > Play > Next Track > Next Folder

Space:  

Folder info. as per usual.

This would really clean up the space and add symmetry.  Folks like myself really like our images & prefer a more slimline profile.  Looks like there should be plenty of space to make it work.

After updating my OnePlus 3 to oxygen os 3.2.8 the Hi-Res output is not working as intended. The option for Hi-Res is still present but when i enable it the sound quality becomes very poor. It was working properly on Oxygen os 3.2.7. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Hi andrewwilley,

When I choose sample rate 44.1khz (in output/ hi-res output/ wire-headset-AUX/), Do My file (16 bit -44.1khz) have resample to 48khz by SRC( android sample rate conversion)?

My smartphone is Sony xperia Z2.

23 minutes ago, vi777x said:

Hi-res mode is pausing music for a few secs every once in a while

You could try increasing the buffer size, and also see if it makes a difference whether you have your music on an external SD Card or internal memory. If it's worse on SD Card, try backing up and reformatting the card on a PC and then copy all your files back to it exactly as before. (Make sure your device stays OFF during the whole time you are working on the card though)

5 hours ago, phu said:

When I choose sample rate 44.1khz (in output/ hi-res output/ wire-headset-AUX/), Do My file (16 bit -44.1khz) have resample to 48khz by SRC( android sample rate conversion)?

As far as I know, if you select 44k output in High-Rez, and your files are 44k, then there should be no resampling anywhere during the processing path. The regular Android output may convert to 48k though, but I guess that depends on your device. However all of this is experimental at the moment, and we'd need Max to confirm how he's doing things.

Andre

1 hour ago, vi777x said:

Hi there!
I’ve got a bug with Hi-res
Hi-res mode is pausing music for a few secs every once in a while
 hope you fix it cause it's looking great!
I’m using LG g3 stock 6.0 d855
With root and viperFX

I have the same model (stock 6.0 version v30f, not rooted - I plan to upgrade to v30n soon) and I have no issues with the following settings:

SOx resampler, cut-off frequency: 97%, dither: none, hi-res output: active, sample rate: 192kHz, buffer size: 5×100ms, no DVC, no Equ/Tone, Smooth Equ/Tone Gains: set

All my music is stored in the SD card

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As far as I know, if you select 44k output in High-Rez, and your files are 44k, then there should be no resampling anywhere during the processing path. The regular Android output may convert to 48k though, but I guess that depends on your device. However all of this is experimental at the moment, and we'd need Max to confirm how he's doing things.

Andre

Thanks andrewilley. My file usually is 44k. I don't want any sample rate conversion, Because resampling 44k to 96k( or 48k) for more total bass and sound not natural.( I use Sox resample in Poweramp).

The feature "variable rate" is best for this case. I will don't select to 96, if I play file 24 bit-96k

Thanks

I have v30a and even 5x100ms ain't helping. :(

And yes, I have all of my music on a SD card

Copied from SD to phone storage and still hanging

Tried to turn viper off, didn't help. Same for purify(app manager)

Seems that it only happens if the screen is off

2 hours ago, vi777x said:

Seems that it only happens if the screen is off

I had the same problem as you do (see my previous posts in this thread). Have you checked "use wakelock" under Misc/Tweaks? It seems to work for me, although I tried checking it from the beginning. It didn't work initially and for some time I had the screen permanently on while listening to music (at the cost of extreme battery consumption). Later on, I kept fiddling with the settings and eventually at some point I checked again the "use wakelock" setting and everything worked as intended.

As for viber, yes, turning it off makes no difference (or turning off any other service for that matter, at least the ones I use ...).

2 hours ago, phu said:

The feature "variable rate" is best for this case. I will don't select to 96, if I play file 24 bit-96k

Variable rate to match the source material would be a good idea as long as the switch can be seamless, I'm not sure whether there would be any glitch if trying to switch between tracks though.

Andre

6 hours ago, musiclover said:

I had the same problem as you do (see my previous posts in this thread). Have you checked "use wakelock" under Misc/Tweaks? It seems to work for me, although I tried checking it from the beginning. It didn't work initially and for some time I had the screen permanently on while listening to music (at the cost of extreme battery consumption). Later on, I kept fiddling with the settings and eventually at some point I checked again the "use wakelock" setting and everything worked as intended.

As for viber, yes, turning it off makes no difference (or turning off any other service for that matter, at least the ones I use ...).

Seems to be working, thanks!

hi andrewilley,

I can hear different between "DVC on" and "DVC off" ( in audio/ Avanced Tweaks):

When I check DVC (on): sound warm and decrease a little high mid ( maybe 3-->4Khz.)

But when I uncheck DVC(off): sound is extension and more high mid.

when Hi-res output have DVC enable, Should I do check DVC (on) <=> double DVC? I hear sound is best  with DVC on.

DVC simply overrides some of the build-in Android audio processing and allows Poweramp more control. Mostly this helps, but on some devices you will lose access to some of the hardware features that are directly supported by the OS and so you need to disable the override to get them back. Use whichever sounds better to you though

Andre

4 hours ago, Marv323 said:

when is Poweramp officially updating? this Poweramp alpha build dragging out forever....

When it is ready, the whole user interface is being redeveloped at the moment. The latest I heard from the dev is that he hopes it will be ready to release as a beta version around the middle of January.

Andre

On 16/12/2016 at 5:26 PM, andrewilley said:

DVC simply overrides some of the build-in Android audio processing and allows Poweramp more control. Mostly this helps, but on some devices you will lose access to some of the hardware features that are directly supported by the OS and so you need to disable the override to get them back. Use whichever sounds better to you though

Andre

hi andrewilley,

Thanks for your feedback,

I have test again with fullsize headphone Roland.

When I try upsampling with Sox, Sound is better with DVC off--> If We is upsampling, we shouldn't use double DVC.

With me, sound is best with setup : no resampling, DVC off ( in audio/ Advanced Tweaks ), Normal buffer size.

1 hour ago, Dee334 said:

Hi. I installed the 704 on my axon7 and it's a real upgrade. But why does it shows me the Snapdragon 820 unstead of the built in DAC ? As it's a 32bit and not a 24? 

Please post requests for specific high-rez device support to http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support/ . Thanks.

Andre

Archived