Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Remember that high-rez is an EXPERIMENTAL feature in this ALPHA-test release. If it doesn't work for you yet, just revert to the release build or turn high-rez mode off.

Andre

i use my phone for listening to music, some times for internet and some old apps therefore android 7 and 6 are not much different for me.

but difference between Exp output and the other one is  explicit,as i said i don't had problem with build 703 and android 6.

therefore i will downgrade to marshmallow and i should backup and then download android 6 rom and flash it ,. . . that may take half of a day from my time so i don't want to bother you and developers or fuss, I have a question will this problem be solved for HTC A9 in next beta for android 7? UI ,final release and other things does not matter to me i want  have Exp output and  listen to lucid  music from my earphones.

sorry for bad english.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, clever_man said:

Hajir, I said that it wil be fixed in next beta release, it's not clearly?

Andre emphasized It is Experimental and it caused doubt for me that Exp output may have problem on my device. If you feel my posts is not useful delete it,thanks for your answers . have a nice time.

14 hours ago, Hajir said:

Andre emphasized It is Experimental and it caused doubt for me that Exp output may have problem on my device. If you feel my posts is not useful delete it,thanks for your answers . have a nice time.

Build 704 is over a year old now, and high-rez was definitely experimental at the time. Max the developer has been tweaking and adjusting the code a lot though while he has been adding a new interface, so a lot more devices should work with the next (beta) release. And once the official release of v3 occurs, High-Rez output should be considered a regular feature and new devices (and Android versions) should be quickly supported as they come along.

Andre

Return installed Poweramp.

I used 10 players android, Poweramp use 4,5year(favorite). No.1 player "Poweramp Alpha". Very Sweet sound player good bass, eq, & visu. My choice Ranking 4.7 Poweramp. My support Top player 5.

1. Poweramp % 90 bass Very Good(visualization)

2. Jet audio - 80 % bass good

3. Black player - 75%

4. Music player - 75% bass good(visualization)

5. Neutron player - 60% 

My device bad sound effect to converting high sound %.

On 5/30/2017 at 10:53 AM, jaxtherogue said:

Putting this here to make sure it gets noticed:

Bluetooth controls to play, pause forward and back don't work in build 704 and Android O. Bluetooth controls in other apps work fine. I have tried to disable then re-enable controls in Poweramp with no effect.

Posting an update to say that this is no longer an issue in Android O Preview 3.

I tried the latest alpha (704-uni) on a Galaxy S7 (CDMA, Snapdragon) running Android 7. The experimental Hi-Res audio works well. Enough to where I just bought the app because the built in player is garbage and this is great!

I found one strange thing: I got the phone into a state where by plugging in headphones with Hi-Res audio selected audio would switch to the phone loud speaker. I played with settings but a reboot was required to fix it. If I can replicate the issue again I'll update on how I did it.

Thank you!

~Me

1 hour ago, SkylarkX said:

LG v10 Hi-Res Output has disappeared after upgrading Android 7.0 with Poweramp v3 alpha-build-703.

If you have Nougat on your device, please make sure you are using Poweramp build 704 not 703.

Andre

Not a huge deal, just adding some feedback. Compared completely fresh installs (no settings or configuration) of the play store version and the 704 build on my S7 running nougat. Didn't play with the settings, but noticed immediately some grain/static in the sound on the same track so I downgraded back to the stable release.

Although it is intended for ARM devices only, I tested build704 on my Asus Zenfone 2 (Z00A) (Intel Processor) with Lineage OS (Version: lineage-14.1-20170616-nightly-Z00A), Android Nougat 7.1.2 

Everything seems fine so far. Musixmatch plugin works perfectly. No bugs to be reported. 

Keep up the good work mate! 

Screenshot_20170628-095226.jpg

Screenshot_20170628-095246.jpg

Got a question for you all. What should the buffer size in Poweramp be set to and what effect will it have, have mine set to 1dps core and 27ms on my lenovo vibe x3, working great so far, just wondering if There are any negatives for setting it lower  other than more work for cpu

The buffer is the amount of read-ahead that Poweramp does before it starts playing a track, to allow for inconsistencies in file system access speeds. etc. A bit like the advanced buffering in YouTube playback. Leave it on the default unless you get skipping or dropouts, and then try increasing the size a bit. It might use a bit more RAM storage, but that's unlikely to be an issue. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer though.

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

The buffer is the amount of read-ahead that Poweramp does before it starts playing a track, to allow for inconsistencies in file system access speeds. etc. A bit like the advanced buffering in YouTube playback. Leave it on the default unless you get skipping or dropouts, and then try increasing the size a bit. It might use a bit more RAM storage, but that's unlikely to be an issue. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer though.

Andre

Thank you very much.

On 2017. 05. 20. at 0:29 PM, JJ Singh said:

My device suports Hi res output as it have snapdragon 625, but since i ve updated to the android 7  Hi res is not working anymore . I ve also tried alpha build 704 but still no fruits. I can't enjoy my music without this feature. It's a request to atleast patch the current alpha so that hi res will be working on android 7.

Thanks

I think, the problem is in Android 7.0.

I use Z5 Compact, in 6.0 Hi-Res is working. When I updated to 7.0, Hi-Res is disappear from menu. Last day my phone updated to 7.1.1, Hi-Res is appear again and works good.

Poweramp 3 doesn't seem to be able to play music from USB/OTG storage. First, it says "Cannot read 3136-3131/Music/Monstercat 010 Conquest/", and shortly afterwards - "Decoder timed out". I doubt it's a ROM issue, I got a few other apps that allow me to play music straight from the USB drive (FX's and Root Explorer's music players, even TotalCmd's music player) and they work properly.

4 hours ago, kamild1996 said:

Poweramp 3 doesn't seem to be able to play music from USB/OTG storage. First, it says "Cannot read 3136-3131/Music/Monstercat 010 Conquest/", and shortly afterwards - "Decoder timed out". I doubt it's a ROM issue, I got a few other apps that allow me to play music straight from the USB drive (FX's and Root Explorer's music players, even TotalCmd's music player) and they work properly.

Google changes the way storage is mapped just about every new Android release, I think it's hard to catch up, but hopefully that's the sort of thing that Max meant when he said he was having to tweak the next beta code to allow for device differences.

Andre

46 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Google changes the way storage is mapped just about every new Android release, I think it's hard to catch up, but hopefully that's the sort of thing that Max meant when he said he was having to tweak the next beta code to allow for device differences.

Andre

I see, I'll be watching the changelog then :) If there's anything I can do to help improve the compatibility with Nexus 5 (precisely: Dirty Unicorns ROM based on Android 7.1.1), please tell me, I'll be happy to test.

Just wanted to add that this function is a huge deal for me, because ever since I got a Nexus 5 (which, unlike my previous phone, doesn't have a microSD slot) I'm having problems with storage, even in terms of apps - because of that, storing entire albums directly on my phone is out of question. Online services are not for me, since I'd be able to listen to my music only when I'm home, and there's a very unstable mobile network signal in my area, especially when driving.

So the ability to play songs straight from my OTG drive has become a no. 1 priority for me whenever I'm choosing a music player to stay with. Poweramp is most probably the best music app I've ever used, but due to the faulty OTG support I cannot enjoy it.:(

Archived