Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

Thanks to the developer for the hard work but no offense to anyone: I hated the new version.

I hate visualizations: Why would I be looking at the visual effects of my phone's screen while I listen to my music?

I hate rankings: if the songs were downloaded by me, on my cell phone, then I love them all, no need for ratings and stars on the screen.

Unless it's an ultra-high-super-dooper-powered-audiophile cellphone, why do I need resampling and so many other useless DSP options for me?

Much a do about nothing.

Returning to the old version.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated my Galaxy S6 from Marshmallow and Poweramp build 703 to Nougat and Poweramp build 704 a week ago. Poweramp has been essentially unusable since. I'm getting a ton of audio glitches / hiccups, as much as a couple of times in a song. I have tried playing with the buffer size / number of buffer settings. I even tried the Huge setting as well as Custom settings with the max size and number of buffers and these appear to make no difference whatsoever. I'm playing Flac files at CD resolution and have selected the Experimental output.

I've reinstalled the Onkyo HD player which is working fine right now. Ironically, this is the app that I used on iOS and tried briefly when I moved to Android a year ago. It had glitches so I gave up on it and bought Poweramp, which had worked fine until I upgraded to Nougat. Now it's the other way around. I would still like to get Poweramp working since it's a much nicer app overall.

1 hour ago, Mauricio AP said:

I hate visualizations: Why would I be looking at the visual effects of my phone's screen while I listen to my music?

I hate rankings: if the songs were downloaded by me, on my cell phone, then I love them all, no need for ratings and stars on the screen.

Unless it's an ultra-high-super-dooper-powered-audiophile cellphone, why do I need resampling and so many other useless DSP options for me?

1. If you don't like visualisations, don't use them (you can disable the feature via the right-edge swipe menu). I prefer cover art too, as most of the time when listening to music my screen is off anyway.

2. If you don't want to rank songs, don't. It's your choice. I don't either. Once Poweramp v3 is out of alpha and get to beta/release builds, it will be possible to remove the stars display completely, but for now just don't use it.

3. The whole point of Poweramp is that's it's a high-end, high quality player, and high resolution output is a big part of that ethos. But again, if you don't want (or your device is too low-spec to use) high-rez output, just stick with the default regular CD-quality. Rather like an HD or 4K television on which you can still watch VHS tapes if that's what floats your boat.

Andre

Hi guys

I just bought a Huawei P10 Plus with Android 7.0. And I'm using Poweramp Alpha Build 704.

Everything has been working great.

There is only one thing i noticed.

When navigating through the audio options (Options-audio-->Crossfade, gapless playback, etc.) i can't see the options for gapless playback.

Does anyone know, what the problem is here?

Thanks alot, and keep up the good work :)

Cro

10 hours ago, Chiawrah said:

When navigating through the audio options (Options-audio-->Crossfade, gapless playback, etc.) i can't see the options for gapless playback.

Gapless controls (specifically the Cut Silence option) have not been available in any of the alpha releases. Hopefully just something Max missed and it will be back for the final release.

Andre

On 5/16/2017 at 0:04 PM, Mauricio AP said:

Thanks to the developer for the hard work but no offense to anyone: I hated the new version.

Much a do about nothing.

Returning to the old version.

*I* don't need or like features so take them out!!!

Didn't realize that waa how it worked

Hello, i am using this version and I am quite happy with the performace overall and the highres option. The only thing that I notice is the high battery consumption. Its not dramatically but i remember the stable version more efficient in battery drain. I am using the xiaomi mi4c. Is there anything that I can do for less battery drain? Thanks in advance

My device suports Hi res output as it have snapdragon 625, but since i ve updated to the android 7  Hi res is not working anymore . I ve also tried alpha build 704 but still no fruits. I can't enjoy my music without this feature. It's a request to atleast patch the current alpha so that hi res will be working on android 7.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, JJ Singh said:

I can't enjoy my music without this feature.

Really???

Updates for newer phones and OS versions should be included in the next beta release, but until then I'm afraid you're probably going to have to slum it with plain old CD-quality.

Andre

SOLVED SOLVED update to v704 from v703

Hi i have a Samsung s7(exynos) with a pair of sennheiser Momentum 2.0 headphones Poweramp build 703 free trial edition and in the audio output settings it doesn't show the hi res option İ only have the AudioTrack and OpenSL ES output.Being able to try it out before buying would be great.Any kind of help would be much appreciated.thanks

After updating my HTC A9 to nougat and build 704 I can't listen to music , during music play I see this error many times and it tests my patience, I can't tolerate anymore .fix it pleeease! 

Screenshot_20170529-160429.png

I just updated my LG v10 H961n to a stock Marshmallow 6.0. Same as Lollipop before, I noticed that Poweramp detect only the  Hi-Res Snapdragon 24-bit PCM variant. 

In my phone settings, I already activated HiFI DAC. Currently, it it is aux mode. Using this settings, Poweramp should detect the ESS dac because the phone has activated it already.

Is there a way that it can use the ESS SABRE 9018 DAC?

Still testing the build 703 on CyanogenMod 12.1 , but until now this alpha version works OK in general but my initial notes are:

What doesn't look OK:

• if I choose any point on the track slider (example: am on minute 2:00 & jumped to minute 30:00) the sound stutters once (for a piece of a second) then continues again smoothly , this didn't happen in the past stable version 2

What looks Good:

• new interface style is cool , the new visualizations are nice & the arrangements of settings are OK
  • new Tempo / Reverb functions are Cool &  working (I was just confused how to turn them ON ((greyed by default but available)) , i found someone here in the forums said that he knew it by coincidence that he tab on the word Tempo to turn on the feature LOL)
  • works well with notifications from another app called (Light FLow)   the past stable version 2 had an issue that If I receive a sound notific. from (Light Flow), the sound of Poweramp totally stops for 1 sec then continues,, but this build 703 doesn't stop sound, it just reduce the sound abit for 2 seconds then gets back loud again ((very good & smooth))
  • Most of other sound features like volume level under Audio advanced tweaks level ((system or 30 ...etc)) works OK , despite I like the default system settings.
  • The older issue of sound suddenly stops ((remember when we need to workaround this by disabling auto fade features ?)) now happens less than before , which is good.

more testing to come later, as I listen to it each while.

Hi,

After I lock screen when using Hi-Res Output i have issues with the sound so I activated the Poweramp settings-Misc-Tweaks-Use Wakelock. The problem was solved.

Now I am trying to reduce the power comsumtion of Poweramp and If I check in Amplify app I can see the wakelock from Poweramp that I activated:

com.maxmpz.audioplayer.player.Playerservice playing

can I limit this wakelock with Amplify in any way to reduce the battery drain?

Putting this here to make sure it gets noticed:

Bluetooth controls to play, pause forward and back don't work in build 704 and Android O. Bluetooth controls in other apps work fine. I have tried to disable then re-enable controls in Poweramp with no effect.

On 5/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, Hajir said:

After updating my HTC A9 to nougat and build 704 I can't listen to music , during music play I see this error many times and it tests my patience, I can't tolerate anymore .fix it pleeease! 

Screenshot_20170529-160429.png

hi Andre , thank you for answering questions and High Quality player.

if this problem continues may be i should downgrade to marshmallow in next days or weeks.

can you give me an approximate time when it will be solved?

ok, no problem, thanks for your answers, but can anyone give me an approximate time like next weeks or month for new beta? because if it takes more time i will downgrade my android to marshmallow.

Archived