Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

13 minutes ago, avsquare said:

Hi, I have a question regarding external DAC support via USB. I've noted that it does have a USB DAC support under audio settings, but I don't seem to be able to get the player to detect the DAC (Oppo HA2-SE).

High-rez support is still experimental, more devices will be included over time.

Andre

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

High-rez support is still experimental, more devices will be included over time.

Andre

Oh I think you may misunderstood what I mean

My phone is the BlackBerry Priv and it detects the DAC on the Snapdragon 808 fine and plays it in 24 bit

But what I mean was using the phone as a output source via USB to an external DAC/amplifier. I see that under the audio settings, under High Res (Experimental) there is an option called "USB DAC" which is what I meant - an external DAC/amplifier.

31 minutes ago, avsquare said:

But what I mean was using the phone as a output source via USB to an external DAC/amplifier. I see that under the audio settings, under High Res (Experimental) there is an option called "USB DAC" which is what I meant - an external DAC/amplifier.

As I said, this is an ALPHA test release and still experimental, not all devices will work with it yet - even if the phone detects them. Please add the details of your setup to the High-Rez Requests thread so when Max looks at updating the code closer to the official release he can include it. Thanks.

Andre

On 06/04/2017 at 1:03 AM, andrewilley said:

This is true, but at present Poweramp can only work at a fixed output setting during any given playback session, so either low-rez tracks need to be upsampled or high-rez ones need to be downgraded.

Until dynamic adjustment on-the-fly becomes possible, I would suggest setting the output to the highest value of any files that you might want to play. 

Andre

Still using 192khz output makes no sense as probably the headphones used most likely will not be able to reproduce those frequencies if they exist. And theres also the issue with intermodulation distortion. My headphones are AKG Y50 and the maximum frequency according to the manufacturer is 24khz so 48khz is fine, but 96khz wont hurt. :)

On 7/4/2017 at 3:03 AM, Kado said:

Still using 192khz output makes no sense as probably the headphones used most likely will not be able to reproduce those frequencies if they exist. And theres also the issue with intermodulation distortion. My headphones are AKG Y50 and the maximum frequency according to the manufacturer is 24khz so 48khz is fine, but 96khz wont hurt. :)

I test sox resample with Headphone Fidelio X2 (support hi-res)

You can try setup DVC off (in Advanced Tweaks).

Is it me or is it not possible to playback automatically at native sample rate?  I'm new to this app and using hi res mode on my HTC 10. Having chosen 192, everything plays back upsampled? (Choosing other rates manually seem to mess things up and it goes back to 16/48).  It would be nice if upsampling is selectable rather than mandatory and the app would just playback according to the file's native sample rate

6 minutes ago, phonobaba said:

Is it me or is it not possible to playback automatically at native sample rate?

Not at present, no. You have to set the output sample rates before you start playback, and it is not yet possible for this setting to be dynamically adjusted based on the source files. Hopefully that option will come at some point though.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Not at present, no. You have to set the output sample rates before you start playback, and it is not yet possible for this setting to be dynamically adjusted based on the source files. Hopefully that option will come at some point though.

Andre

Thanks

Интересно, долго автор будет водить за нос выпуском хотя бы беты с исправленным hi-res? Прям бразильский сериал. 

Кто вас и за что водит? Что за тон, с чего вы решили, что вам кто-то что-то должен? Как будет готова версия, так будет выложена. Бразильский сериал устроили те, кто пишут идиотские сообщения, подобно вашим.

Hello. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos) and i've opted in the beta and I can't seem to find the Hi-Res option within the settings I can only see "Audio Track Output, OpenSL ES Output" no option for Hi-Res audio in the output section of the settings. Is the phone incompatible? 

Lenovo Moto G 4º Generation, stock 6.0.1 here. Build 703.

I'm having the exact same problems I had on previous version 2:

• Audio is mutted for around one second after 15 minutes of playing through Bluetooth.
  • Phone Bluetooth name appears instead of elapsed time.

3 hours ago, Aqeel95 said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos) and i've opted in the beta and I can't seem to find the Hi-Res option within the settings I can only see "Audio Track Output, OpenSL ES Output" no option for Hi-Res audio in the output section of the settings. Is the phone incompatible? 

Are you using build 704 of Poweramp (especially if your phone has been updated to Android Nougat)

Andre 

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are you using build 704 of Poweramp (especially if your phone has been updated to Android Nougat)

Andre 

Oh you're correct I was using the one from the google play store build 703. I just installed build 704 and the Hi-Res option appeared. 

Thank you so much! 

Axon 7 with AKM AK4490EN

On build 704, it fails to use the HiRes mode and falls back on the OpenSL ES Output.

Are there specific settings that need to be enabled or is it just not compatible with the ZTE Axon 7 yet?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

6 hours ago, joaste said:

Are there specific settings that need to be enabled or is it just not compatible with the ZTE Axon 7 yet?

Sometimes enabling/disabling DVC helps, but mostly I think we'll just need to wait for Max to have time to add code to cover newer devices.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Sometimes enabling/disabling DVC helps, but mostly I think we'll just need to wait for Max to have time to add code to cover newer devices.

Andre

Thanks. I already tried that. It hasn't changed anything. 

Report on the Hi-res output, build 704,    HTC 10 (7.0 stock Nougat rom)

- When using the Hi-Res output with wired headset, I noticed that when I click "Info", I have around 5000-6000ms latency (delay), there is a huge delay between any changes in volume and the actual response of the player - more than 5 seconds.  Same goes for turning Equalizer on and off etc..

- The seconds are unsynced in the "Playing now bar". 

- Also, when the sample rate is higher than 48 khz in Hi-Res output, "HTC Boomsound with Dolby audio" does not work (it only works with 44.1 and 48 khz).

- The output crashes ocassionally as well, but that is a well known bug by now.

Screenshot_20170429-155413.png

On 4/17/2016 at 1:32 AM, Passiunce said:

Ever since build 702 I've been having issues getting lyrics from musicxmatch. It always gives me the message "no lyrics tag found in the song". It does not matter which option is selected in the menu. Unless the song has a lyrics tag it will always give this error.

IMG_20160417_125252.jpg

IMG_20160417_125236.jpg

Yes with me too 

Archived