Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Vandy said:

Almost a year without new  release

Sorry, blame the folks who wanted a material design interface. :) Max has had to rebuild the whole interface from the ground up, and as there's only one of him this has taken a very long time. The last estimate I had from him was that he hopes to be ready to release a beta test of it sometime this month (March),

Personally I voted for features over form, and still lament all the nice stuff we could have had during that period instead of making the interface more trendy, but I'm afraid I was in the minority. 

Andre

10 hours ago, Abhimanyusingh said:

Anyone facing this kind of issue.

Device: Redmi note 3.

ROM: AOSPEXTENDED.

Screenshot_20170307-141301.png

Poweramp needs an update for nougat. Just editing build.prop to enable 24bit offload won't work. In nougat the audio policy file in your /system/etc that Poweramp and other music players need to enable 24bit audio is in XML format while in marshmallow and previous desserts it was in .conf format.

2 hours ago, AshishM94 said:

Poweramp needs an update for nougat. Just editing build.prop to enable 24bit offload won't work. In nougat the audio policy file in your /system/etc that Poweramp and other music players need to enable 24bit audio is in XML format while in marshmallow and previous desserts it was in .conf format.

Yep I totally understand that. Is there any workaround for it at this moment. I already requested in proper thread.

1 hour ago, Abhimanyusingh said:

Yep I totally understand that. Is there any workaround for it at this moment. I already requested in proper thread.

Not as far as I know (as long as you are using build 704, and have tried turning DVC mode off as that can sometimes help).

Remember this is an alpha-test release, nothing is guaranteed to work at all. It's main purpose is for testing and reporting any issues, so fixes can eventually be incorporated into the main release of v3.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not as far as I know (as long as you are using build 704, and have tried turning DVC mode off as that can sometimes help).

Remember this is an alpha-test release, nothing is guaranteed to work at all. It's main purpose is for testing and reporting any issues, so fixes can eventually be incorporated into the main release of v3.

Andre

Cool.. hope main release happens soon.. thanks.

Hi, I am not sure if it's only my idea, but I believe that when I shuffle through all the songs in my phone (approx. 300) there are songs that are seldom played, while others may be played at least once every day. Has anything changed in the shuffling algorithm?

Hi. Few days ago i sold my LG V10 and yesterday i bought HTC 10.

Today i install Poweramp beta 703, but i could not find HiRes options. I have read that i need beta version 704 for android 7.0 Nougat. So i downloaded this version.

I dunno why, but it doesn't works. Here is screenshot:

Screenshot_20170310-173611_zps9tlvag8j.p

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, blvckjvck said:

Hi. Few days ago i sold my LG V10 and yesterday i bought HTC 10.

Today i install Poweramp beta 703, but i could not find HiRes options. I have read that i need beta version 704 for android 7.0 Nougat. So i downloaded this version.

I dunno why, but it doesn't works. Here is screenshot:

I think some people have found that turning HTC's Beats software off helps, and also disabling DVC in Poweramp might be worth trying.

Andre

I'm not using Boom Sound, but i will try with DVC settings off.

I turn off DVC Settings and it doesn't help.

So how to get 704 version directly after standard version from Google Play Store. I'm in beta but if i try to update there is only 703 version?

On 3/8/2017 at 3:03 PM, andrewilley said:

Sorry, blame the folks who wanted a material design interface. :) Max has had to rebuild the whole interface from the ground up, and as there's only one of him this has taken a very long time. The last estimate I had from him was that he hopes to be ready to release a beta test of it sometime this month (March),

Personally I voted for features over form, and still lament all the nice stuff we could have had during that period instead of making the interface more trendy, but I'm afraid I was in the minority. 

Andre

For me though as long as it could be skinned I'm fine with it, true though that I too am impatient for the new release. 

6 hours ago, blvckjvck said:

and what's next? Install without normal version from Google Play?

Yes,uninstall the current one then install 704,it will activate as paid if you have purchased Poweramp.or You can install it over your existing v2 or any alpha version (your purchase and settings will be carried over).Instructions are on page one.

6 hours ago, blvckjvck said:

and what's next? Install without normal version from Google Play?

On 3/8/2017 at 4:03 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Personally I don't think that poll is valid, since all the choices are bad and it doesn't have open options, plus most users have no idea how much work it take to change UI completely.

It's like people going to a restaruant, having to choose from a menu all of bad dishes, with no prices listed.

It doesn't reflect the preference of user.

Looking at the excellent track record of Poweramp, actually I don't think the poll is even needed. Max knows what to do perfectly, he knows it better than most users, just follow his heart would be fine.

Well, maybe Max thinks the legacy code doesn't smell nice and wanted to do a better rebuild, that would be a good reason. Voting result is not.

5 hours ago, eio said:

Personally I don't think that poll is valid, since all the choices are bad and it doesn't have open options, plus most users have no idea how much work it take to change UI completely.

It's like people going to a restaruant, having to choose from a menu all of bad dishes, with no prices listed.

It doesn't reflect the preference of user.

Looking at the excellent track record of Poweramp, actually I don't think the poll is even needed. Max knows what to do perfectly, he knows it better than most users, just follow his heart would be fine.

Well, maybe Max thinks the legacy code doesn't smell nice and wanted to do a better rebuild, that would be a good reason. Voting result is not.

This is some next level bs. Please, realize that this poll was perfectly fine and options were on point, max gave decision to users like true caring developer, people spoke for most obvious and needed thing. Poweramp is completely fine with under the hood things, it works 100% stable and is the most powerful music player on market, damn, even computer programs are less advanced in their options. Poweramp need new user interface because this one has not been changed since release, this is f* ages, for Android 2 years it's a lot and this hasn't been changed for way more than that. It's not intuitive, you need to dig to find what you need, some elements are complete mess. I really don't care much about some stupid exotic files support or some streaming options or anything like that - 99% of users don't care about it, people need something nice, powerful and customizable, something that you will work when you throw songs on phone and it will allow to listen them as you want 

20 minutes ago, Brainscollector said:

Please, realize that this poll was perfectly fine and options were on point

I think the previous point was more that the poll last year didn't perhaps give as many 'real' user choices as it could have, effectively coming down to a choice between a Material Design interface and three separate options for cloud/streaming features (which of course split that vote, and if added together were more popular than the UI changes). I suspect those were the main areas that Max wanted to prioritise between - and it is his app of course - but personally I might have preferred to have seen a few more diverse control and playback features in there (a few that spring to mind from repeated forum conversations include better tag editing and saving for ratings/covers/etc, more robust playlist options with backups, more control of sorting & grouping categories within Library views, bookmarking and improving user-control for longer tracks, excluding some categories of tracks from the Shuffle system, etc).

Anyway, it's done now and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Max has been busy working on for the last 15 months.

Andre

I I'm using my Z5 compact with Android 7.0 and a Dragonfly Red it defaults to Output as Java Based Output and Dragonfly Red v1.0 (24/96) shows the DAC at 96.

Does this mean it will always up-sample to the this showing Magenta on the DFR rather than correct frequency of the song like UAPP does (44.1 MP3's showing as green for example).

Is this the best setting for using DFR ?

30 minutes ago, psikey said:

Does this mean it will always up-sample to the this showing Magenta on the DFR rather than correct frequency of the song like UAPP does (44.1 MP3's showing as green for example).

At the moment in the alpha-test release, you have to specific the output frequency and bitrate manually, the app cannot adjust on the fly for different source file formats. However a number of people have requested this as a feature, and I would have thought it ought to be on Max's radar for future development.

Andre

17 hours ago, pauldamo said:

Yes,uninstall the current one then install 704,it will activate as paid if you have purchased Poweramp.or You can install it over your existing v2 or any alpha version (your purchase and settings will be carried over).Instructions are on page one.

I installed 704 over 703 and app doesn't work.

EDIT:

So...i unistalled 704 from my HTC, i left only key to paid version. Then i install 704 version from our forum, and....still doesn't work :( This bug appears when i try to fast forward some track or when i try to switch to the next track.

Screenshot_20170313-185717_zpsa69rjtur.p

4 hours ago, blvckjvck said:

I installed 704 over 703 and app doesn't work.

EDIT:

So...i unistalled 704 from my HTC, i left only key to paid version. Then i install 704 version from our forum, and....still doesn't work :( This bug appears when i try to fast forward some track or when i try to switch to the next track.

Then you would probably be best to switch off the experimental high-rez output, or if you still have problems just revert back to the release build rather than the alpha-test version. Nougat and the alpha-test high-rez don't always play nicely together yet.

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

At the moment in the alpha-test release, you have to specific the output frequency and bitrate manually, the app cannot adjust on the fly for different source file formats. However a number of people have requested this as a feature, and I would have thought it ought to be on Max's radar for future development.

Andre

Frequency option show 96khz but grey out ??  Is there somewhere else to change it ?

23 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Anyway, it's done now and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Max has been busy working on for the last 15 months.

Agree, maybe Max already factored some improvements you mentioned into the new UI, and laying the foundation to expand. It took so long because great things take time.

Archived