Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

4 hours ago, lantian said:

Also a small update regarding the hires support on axon 7 mini.

I can use the hires output and it works without any issues so far. It says snapdragon 24bit variant(actually has AKM AK4962 32bit/192khz) and goes all the way up to 192khz as it should, only question is about the 32 bit support, could this be addressed in the future please?

Could you make sure these sort of requests are also posting in the High-Rez requests thread, along with the requested information files, so they don't get missed. Thanks.

Andre

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to have an issue on alpha build 703. All my music is stored in subfolders by genre inside a main folder on my sdcard on my Galaxy S7 so in essence I only have one folder ticked in my music folder selections.

When I click on one of the subfolders (which also contains subfolders grouped by albums etc) and select shuffle, the shuffle selection seems to get stuck inside one of the subfolders. For example, if i browse to my drum and bass folder and select shuffle, the songs played may be stuck inside a subfolder named 'sets' and will shuffle through those only. I have to go through the same procedure again to try and get a different selection of songs rather than it shuffling through all the subfolders within my drum and bass folder.

A full rescan seems to help for a while but sure enough, it's starts doing the same thing again. Maybe it's me and I'm doing something wrong or there's something I haven't ticked but I've gone through all the settings and it never used to do this in previous versions

Correct, if you are using Folder-based playback, the lowest level of folder (i.e. the album level rather than the genre folder) would be considered the current 'list' as far as the shuffling modes are concerned.

If your music is also properly ID3 tagged, you could use Genre-based playback (from the library screen) which would cause the Genre tag to be used as the current 'list' level for shuffling purposes.

Another solution would be to make playlists from the Genre-level folders (long-press on one of your genre folders and use 'Add to Playlist' to make a new list for that genre title which will contain any songs under that folder level). Then you can play that playlist in shuffled mode.

Andre

Hi I would like to mention that it seems with Nougat Samsung changed the way the Hires output is managed and Poweramp is no more giving me the option to setup the hires output. 

It now works that you are enabled to separately turn the UHQ setting upon connecting the audio source in phone main menu. But when I come back to Poweramp I still only see the Java and OpenSL outputs.

Thanks for fixing the issue

Edit: please disregard this.  I noticed I was still on 703build the 704 has the setting back

On 14/02/2017 at 1:46 AM, andrewilley said:

Presumably once PA v3 gets to a release candidate build, Max will then create an Intel variant for testing. I don't know whether it will happen any earlier than that though.

Andre

Is the dev still alive ? ?

On 17/02/2017 at 6:33 PM, ScratMan said:

Is the dev still alive ? ?

On 17/02/2017 at 0:08 AM, andrewilley said:

I assume he was the last time he emailed me (which was 12 days ago). Unless he wrote a clever AI autoresponder of course...

Andre

This conversation makes me cringe

6 hours ago, DaewonMoon said:

Well i am using lg g2 with lineage 14.1 custom rom(Android 7.1.1 nougat). Before using this rom there was no problem. But using nougat it doesn't support hi-res menu.

A number of people have reported issues with high res output after upgrading to Nougat ROMs. Make sure you are using build 704 of the alpha test, which contains some tweaks to help, but if that doesn't resolve the problem I'm afraid you'll probably need to wait until Max next looks at the audio engine (which will  be after the user interface beta test release next month).

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

A number of people have reported issues with high res output after upgrading to Nougat ROMs. Make sure you are using build 704 of the alpha test, which contains some tweaks to help, but if that doesn't resolve the problem I'm afraid you'll probably need to wait until Max next looks at the audio engine (which will  be after the user interface beta test release next month).

Andre

Oh thank you so much. However it shows hi-res menu but it says Failed:Poweramp Hi-Res exp output. Maybe i should wait for next update

I get silent playback when after pressing play if stopped at end of track / album after the screen has timed out. A quick up and down on the volume rocker brings it back to life. What other info do you need from me to help sort out this bug?

By the way, this sounds much better than the previous version and I get much more range out of the equaliser on the same headphones.

I don't know this is bug or not but;

After I enable hi-res output(variant: snapdragon 24-bit pcm);

While music playing, when I close the screen after 20 second sound become interruption. After I activate screen sound become normal. Maybe phone goes sleep mode I don't know. I fix this issue via settings>misc>tweaks>use wakelock. I don't know this is maybe disable phone get in to sleep mode and maybe this makes phone battery drain fast. No problem with other output options.

Phone and Model: LG G2

Firmware: Stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop V30F

Poweramp: alpha-build-703-play

On 3/1/2017 at 4:23 PM, andrewilley said:

As soon as Max finishes and uploads it. The last thing he told me was sometime in March, but that of course was only an estimate.

Andre

Thank you. I've been really excited for that updated. Current beta version is already stable though and I'm enjoying every bit of sound it produces. Thank you Max and your team!

34 minutes ago, brandonluciano824 said:

So I'm on 704 Alpha Build which doesn't allow skins, will the next non-beta update allows skins with 704 features? I miss the material skin lol

The next beta release (hopefully sometime this month) will have a brand new, material design, user interface anyway. Poweramp v3 will support skinning, but until the new SDK and documentation are finished there won't be any third-party v3 skins available to download.

Andre

I noticed that in Hi-Res Output > USB DAC that DVC is always enabled. Is this intended or will there be an option to disable it in a future build?

Was just wondering as I do not like DVC altering the output and like a stock listening experience.

15 hours ago, kunaltyagii said:

It's the first week of march. Not asking for any ETAs, but any update from the developer will be good. Even if it's a delay in the release for beta.

Almost a year without new  release

Archived