Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

Is anyone else having lots of decoder timeouts? 

I do a lot of zapping so every now and then I get a decoder timeout. 

I just put a track playing do some skipping, put another track playing and some more skipping then the decoder will timeout. 

Using PA 3.0a build 703 on Motorola Moto X Style v6.0.1. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2017 at 9:03 AM, Kmaholic said:

After update my HTC 10 to Android 7.0 there's no high-res output anymore, and OpenSL is only support 16 bits.

An HTC 10 is supports 24bit DACs and please make the player can play DSD files.

Screenshot_20170119-205639.png

Are you on 703 or 704 build? If you are on nougat or 7.0 now then you should use the 704 build.

Hi everyone, from few days ago I'm a new betatester, and I've some issues/requests to ask.

First is a problem with the queue. Ok, I have a queue with few albums, and them, few hours or  days later I add another album. The issue is when is playing the last album I added, random song, with blocked screen, the playback is stopped and resumed with the last queue song at the beginning.

Over CM13.1 Sony Xperia SP

And this is more a request than a issue, could be great that Preamp values could be the same that in stable release, some times the minimum level is to much loud, for example while sleeping.

Thanks.

gdcaR81.png

2 hours ago, Igor said:

The bought version 2 through YandexStore, I am install alpha version it over your existing v2, at start gives an error message how to solve this problem?

No idea, what device and Android version and error message for a start? Have you checked http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323938-yaip-request-error

Andre

• 1 - still need/want that one push direct shorcut to bass/trebble eq. on main screen, guys. srs! 

almost few years on this alpha/beta and it still bothers me like hell. hope you'll take that UI redesign into consideration. 'messy and complicated' app doesn't have to feel and look like one. 
you know the sayin - 'keep it simple, make it perfect.'

there's a lot to work on. like.. you get on 'look and feel' but the vizualization and album art are out of the category and etc.
let me know if I could make some visual suggestions for you directly, as a CG designer.

• 2 - just bought HUAWEI MATE 9. EMUI 5.0/nougat 7.0 Poweramp widget won't show up on locks creen. EDIT: u fixed it, yay! thnx!

though, decoder timeouts are gone (used to bother me on my Galaxy S4).

I'm getting decoder timeouts on my Nougat HTC 10.  I've turned DVC off, tried variations of the buffer, I can't get it to stop.

It happens while just playing through an album, or jumping through the album, or multiple albums.  And it's unpredictable.

On 06/01/2017 at 6:54 PM, andrewilley said:

The last communication that I received from Max (the developer) was back at the start of November, when he indicated that he hopes to have the new interface ready for testing as Poweramp 3.0 beta around the middle of January. The fact that I've heard nothing at all since then means I cannot give any further update than that, sorry.

Andre

Hi, first of all thanks for the great work.

Do you have by any chance some news about a new release ?

and also do you know if there will be support of the DAC in the ZTE axon7 ?

thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, Dee334 said:

Hi, first of all thanks for the great work.

Do you have by any chance some news about a new release ?

and also do you know if there will be support of the DAC in the ZTE axon7 ?

thanks in advance

An update would be really nice. I second that! No pressure though ... 'cause it works as it is.

The latest update I've heard from Max (a few days ago, which I posted in one of the threads here) is March for the next beta, which will basically be the current v3 alpha-test plus the new user interface, so probably no new high-rez features at that point. There will then be a short test & bug-fix period before the official release of 3.0.

The skin system will be supported at this point, however old v2 skins will not work in v3 and it will take some time to prepare the new skin SDK and documentation to allow third-party skins to be developed. DLNA, Chromecast, Social stuff , etc will be introduced in future builds.

Andre

As I said, please post high-rez device requests in the correct thread, with all the requested info, as they will most likely get missed if you spread them around the forums.

Do please remember that this is still an ALPHA test build of Poweramp, and if you are running it on the very latest or beta-test ROMs then some problems should not be entirely unexpected.

Andre

On 23/1/2017 at 6:03 PM, goldenpis said:

Hi everyone, from few days ago I'm a new betatester, and I've some issues/requests to ask.

First is a problem with the queue. Ok, I have a queue with few albums, and them, few hours or  days later I add another album. The issue is when is playing the last album I added, random song, with blocked screen, the playback is stopped and resumed with the last queue song at the beginning.

Over CM13.1 Sony Xperia SP

Ok, forget this, the mp3 files was corrupt

Hi, Thanks for the chance for testing beta app. I signed up weeks ago.

Awesome work! I really like the beta version, Looks like the app runs well on most of my devices with newer OS (4.4 - 6.0) till I use my older to the oldest one, it keeps crashing at initial. I have a question regarding to that, is the latest build is fully compatible with older OS such as 4.0 or 2.3?

What device is it.. It's ZTE Grand era with NVIDIA Tegra 3 running ICS 4.0.4, kernel 3.1.10. Afterwards, last thing I want to test is Hi-Res outputs. I'm hoping the public release of Poweramp v3 is compatible with wide range of Android OS and devices.

Rez

1 hour ago, Mrez said:

Looks like the app runs well on most of my devices with newer OS (4.4 - 6.0) till I use my older to the oldest one, it keeps crashing at initial. I have a question regarding to that, is the latest build is fully compatible with older OS such as 4.0 or 2.3?

I believe Max said Android 4.1+ would be the base level for v3 of Poweramp (see the release notes at http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/files/file/21-Poweramp-alpha-build-703-uniapk/) and I know that high-rez audio needs at least Android 5 for some of the OS supported stuff (my Galaxy Note 3 is still on KitKat for example, and PA works perfectly but does not offer me high-rez output choices, which it would if I upgraded it to Lollipop).

Andre

i am using alpha 701 (full version) with my dap a SONY-ZX2 and i am solely listening to 16/44 FLAC files

are there any significant sound improvements in 702/3/4 versions ?

should i 'upgrade' to any of them ? 

also , can i try 702-4 and revert back to my 701 if i want to ?

thank you

6 hours ago, awake et said:

are there any significant sound improvements in 702/3/4 versions ?

should i 'upgrade' to any of them ? 

I would upgrade to 704. No specific features reason, but only takes a few seconds and keeps you up to date. The change lists are in the first post of the threads for each build (or the Download page).

You can easily roll back to 701 if you find you want to, but going back to the release 588/589 builds would need an uninstall/reinstall.

Andre

Agree no reason for not using it.

Also a small update regarding the hires support on axon 7 mini.

I can use the hires output and it works without any issues so far. It says snapdragon 24bit variant(actually has AKM AK4962 32bit/192khz) and goes all the way up to 192khz as it should, only question is about the 32 bit support, could this be addressed in the future please?

Archived