Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

Hey, Using a Note 4 hi-res audio through BT, 703-play... works great, TY guys

Im having trouble sync'ing up the visuals though. (2015 GMC Terrain audio system) 

under... settings > audio > output > hi-res > BT settings > visualizer delay

it goes up to 500ms, but my visuals are still a bit early... if possible can you increase the delay option, another few hundred ms?

Its a minor issue but anyone who is ocd will find it very annoying lol... :ph34r:

Update: Having an issue when connecting through AUX hi res... I get a on/off static noise. Disabling DVC brings back audio, but is very low volume, not great quality.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,
please add plug'and'play support for USB DACs.
Currently for my Fiio E17K to work I need to turn off the DAC, stop Poweramp and launch it again, then turn on the DAC.
USB audio and ALSA support hotplugging so it shouldn't be an issue.
Using build 703.

This is a great version! The audio options for quality really hits the roof, not to mention the great visualisazions!

I am looking forward for the beta release that I can also test this in my Intel based tablets. Currently I can only use this in my phone. Any news on Intel based version coming anytime soon?

5 hours ago, soberr said:

Alpha build 704, Android 7.0.0 r6, Nexus 6

FC in the tab "folders". Sometimes there is no FC, but returns to the tab "library".  

Could you provide some more info? Does the FC happen as soon as you tap the Folders tab, or while doing something within the Folders view?

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Could you provide some more info? Does the FC happen as soon as you tap the Folders tab, or while doing something within the Folders view?

Andre

Here I leave you a video and log. Is it possible that FC happen when more than a selected folder?

Video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48888576/2016_10_01_12_00_37.mp4

Poweramp Crash Log.txt

The crash does not happen until you scroll down the list? I suspect it will be cover art related, occurring when something specific is generated for display on the screen. Can you try deselecting all but the first music subfolder and see if that displays OK, and then add things back a few at a time to see if one in particular subfolder causes the crash?

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The crash does not happen until you scroll down the list? I suspect it will be cover art related, occurring when something specific is generated for display on the screen. Can you try deselecting all but the first music subfolder and see if that displays OK, and then add things back a few at a time to see if one in particular subfolder causes the crash?

Andre

The crash happen when I select the "folder" tab. I have selected folders one at a time and with a folder specific gives FC yes or yes. With some folders gives FC only once. What happen? Before updating to Android 7.0.0 r6 worked well.

PD: Sorry for my english

So If you only have one folder in the list (ideally one without any artwork attached) it still crashes immediately when you select the Folder tab (even if you don't try to drill down or scroll)? Probably some change in the Android N APIs then, which will need Max (the dev) to look into.

Andre

Poweramp Alpha 703 running on MM 6.0.1

Problem: A ton of songs became corrupted and are now unplayable.

Details:

• Whenever it fails to play a song it gives me an error saying "Failed to play file!" and then it skips to the next "playable" track.
  • I don't know if the files become corrupted the moment Poweramp selects them for playback or sometime after.
  • This doesn't happen on Poweramp v2.
  • I don't know if it happens on Poweramp Alpha 702.
  • Some of the songs used to play and then became corrupted.
  • All of the corrupted songs include accents and/or letters in the filename/tags exclusive to the Spanish alphabet.
  • Other songs include Spanish accents and/or letters in the filename/tags and can be played in Poweramp.

Very strange details that might help:

• After these files become corrupted their size shows as 0MB in two different file managers.
  • The date on these files is 12/31/1969.
  • Many of the files contain corrupted characters in the filenameme.
  • These songs are in my computer and remain intact as do their names/tags (Are not corrupted).

Things I have tried to troubleshoot:

• Wiping Poweramp's data and cache.
  • Formatting the phone, copying music back into phone and reinstalling Poweramp.
  • Installing different roms (Including stock MM).

On 7/12/2016 at 11:39 PM, SHADOW-XIII said:

Scrobbling is still broken (checked 703) - it scrobbles only first time the song is played and does not scrobble any other subsequent track. Could it be the Repeat mode is set to "Song"? 

I just noticed that scrobbling via Simple Last.fm Scrobbler wasn't working consistently with 703 ... I'm sure it worked fine when I first installed on my Pioneer XDP-100R a few months ago.

Now it allows the now scrobbling' information but doesn't register the 'play'.

Not a player or scrobbling app issue as alternative players work fine ... and for that reason I am back to GoneMad for now.

Fix this and the high res output for the player (yeah I know GoneMad doesn't have it either) and I'll be back!

On 3.10.2016 at 5:39 PM, Mark_M said:

I just noticed that scrobbling via Simple Last.fm Scrobbler wasn't working consistently with 703 ... I'm sure it worked fine when I first installed on my Pioneer XDP-100R a few months ago.

Now it allows the now scrobbling' information but doesn't register the 'play'.

Same here. Scrobbling via Simple Last.fm Scrobbler worked - more or less - up until early September, then it just stopped. Before, it rarely missed a track (maybe one every two albums), but since then the ratio has inverted. Out of the blue. No app updates involved. Rolling back to previous versions of either app didn't help. Really odd.

On 30/09/2016 at 7:25 AM, Albert said:

Hello,
please add plug'and'play support for USB DACs.
Currently for my Fiio E17K to work I need to turn off the DAC, stop Poweramp and launch it again, then turn on the DAC.
USB audio and ALSA support hotplugging so it shouldn't be an issue.
Using build 703.

Yes, please add this. Working properly with DACs is a major feature for me. I've only taken in interest in the new build due to better DAC support (I am buying a new one soon).

It would be frustrating have to restart everything if my portable DAC gets disconnected for some reason (on purpose or accident)

I'm not fussed about whether it only outputs in 16bit files through Poweramp due to not integrating the same way "USB Audio Player Pro" does, but I would appreciate minimal hassle DAC use like in the older versions of android. I have been using Poweramp for many years and I really like it, but annoying procedures to get DACs to work is the sort of thing that would make me change to something else out of convenience.

----

Also can confirm that scrobbling isn't working properly for me too. Simple last.fm only picks up "Now Playing" but tracks don't show up in played cache. I tried restarting and disabling and renabling Poweramp as detected app to scrobble from in Simple last.fm with no success.

I'm sure it will get fixed in final version asandrewilley said.  

On 10/2/2016 at 1:44 PM, Harambe said:

Poweramp Alpha 703 running on MM 6.0.1

Problem: A ton of songs became corrupted and are now unplayable.

Details:

• Whenever it fails to play a song it gives me an error saying "Failed to play file!" and then it skips to the next "playable" track.
  • I don't know if the files become corrupted the moment Poweramp selects them for playback or sometime after.
  • This doesn't happen on Poweramp v2.
  • I don't know if it happens on Poweramp Alpha 702.
  • Some of the songs used to play and then became corrupted.
  • All of the corrupted songs include accents and/or letters in the filename/tags exclusive to the Spanish alphabet.
  • Other songs include Spanish accents and/or letters in the filename/tags and can be played in Poweramp.

Very strange details that might help:

• After these files become corrupted their size shows as 0MB in two different file managers.
  • The date on these files is 12/31/1969.
  • Many of the files contain corrupted characters in the filenameme.
  • These songs are in my computer and remain intact as do their names/tags (Are not corrupted).

Things I have tried to troubleshoot:

• Wiping Poweramp's data and cache.
  • Formatting the phone, copying music back into phone and reinstalling Poweramp.
  • Installing different roms (Including stock MM).

I also face the same problem. Stop playing out of control from times to times

It might have conflict with MM6.0.1

On 03/10/2016 at 1:59 PM, andrewilley said:

Max said scrobbling may not work on the early test releases, but that it should be back by the time the final version is released.

Andre

Can you give us an idea of when there will be a new release. To at least support themes and maybe a lil something extra ??????

I mean ive been on the beta since April and we now in October.

However I must say Poweramp still is the greatest and best audio player app out there. Nothing sounds or functions better. I havent had any issues using the beta 703 since April except with sound cracking which was easily fixed by turning off DVC. 

Thanks Again

On 19/4/2016 at 8:46 AM, duo8 said:

I'm getting "Decoder timed out" occasionally. What does that mean? Usually when I seek or skip track, but it did happen all by itself once.

Also, has anyone noticed issues with headset button controls on android 6?

They will not say anything on the release date because they just don't know. Even the dev doesn't know exactly. Bugs and issues arise often and the date of release changes is his mind. So he can't say because he simply doesn't know. However I hope they will release a new build soon. And by soon I mean this month or at least the next. It's been quite long since we had an update. I want to start using the app as my main app again. I can't find a better app than Poweramp. 

On 10/5/2016 at 6:11 PM, Lither said:

I have OnePlus 3 device using build 703 and stock ROM, the option wired headset/aux is in Hi-Res and was working but today I switched to CM13 ROM and the option is not there anymore?

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

Can someone help me?

Am I. Just a knucklehead,  or do I have my settings right? Since I went to the. Alpha,  when I get notifications,  I don't get a pause Anymore, but both my. Music and the notification sound divert to the speakers on my axon 7(and I think the volume is reduced). Then when the. Notification is over,  the music comes back to my buds... 

edit*** i can confirm this is only whit Poweramp, the factory media player and black player work fine.

Struggling with. Screenshot,  I'll get. It there... 

IMG_20161013_160217.jpg

Was the cover art for .cue albums ever fixed in the alpha versions? In build 588 it doesn't show the thumbnails when browsing albums.

Also, I wanted to give some quick praise to Max/Poweramp, I tested Stellio yesterday, and while it has a nice looking interface, it can't handle any files without clicking on track change, even single file/.cue and lossless. So you guys are definitely doing something right. Whenever I check out other players (out of curiosity) I always come back. Proud to have bought 3 copies of Poweramp at full price.

Archived