Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My issue is a smallish one. I've noticed in the alpha version settings for gapless have been removed. Better integration is great, but on my end I've noticed that all my Musepack encoded albums have gaps now :( and i have quite a few musepack albums between my devices because in the official versions work flawlessly.

Bug:  Sleep timer does not respect "Play Last Song To End", music is cut off abruptly at set time. This was mentioned previously by nereis (http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8656-Poweramp-alpha-build-702/&page=9), just wanted to make sure it isn't forgotten. 

Since D3Seeker brought up gapless, just thought I'd mention a feature request. I would like to see an option for the opposite of gapless, that is an option to insert gaps (silent periods) between songs.

Hello friends. I have a problem with my phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, MIUI 8.0 (Android 5.1.1).

Sometimes, i pressed "PLAY", and music no playing from 5 to 20 seconds.

And the same thing happens when the music plays. I press "PAUSE" or "NEXT TRACK" or something else, then nothing happens from 5 to 20 seconds, playing current music. Later (from 5 to 20 second), music is stopped or playing next track.

I record the video of screen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4EwY2neskdITXNMYUd6MXJ4dW

Small update on UI progress:

Tthe UI redesign development is finishing, but a chunk is too big to swallow, thus the delays. Basically, the animations, transitions, lists, grids, seekbar, etc. were built from zero, as Android platform just doesn't give what's needed.

Thanks for the update Max, there have been a few people asking how it was going recently.

Hopefully as this was a ground-up rebuild you may have been able to incorporate many of the design details that people have been requesting in these forums (especially some of @brainscollector's ideas in http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8560-proposed-material-design-style-interface-discussion/). Can't wait to see it!

Andre

On 9/1/2016 at 4:48 PM, andrewilley said:

Try changing Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Beep and see if that helps.

Andre

Made no difference, still beeps on volume change even when listening through built-in speakers. Only happens when Poweramp is in the foreground. Not a big deal for me personally. Anybody else seeing this?

1 hour ago, Ron999 said:

Made no difference, still beeps on volume change even when listening through built-in speakers. Only happens when Poweramp is in the foreground. Not a big deal for me personally. Anybody else seeing this?

Strange, are you sure this is not coming from your OS?

Andre

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

Small update on UI progress:

Tthe UI redesign development is finishing, but a chunk is too big to swallow, thus the delays. Basically, the animations, transitions, lists, grids, seekbar, etc. were built from zero, as Android platform just doesn't give what's needed.

When does the new beta version ? today ? tomorrow? this week ? It's been over 4 months since the last alpha version released

7 hours ago, MMG said:

When does the new beta version ? today ? tomorrow? this week ? It's been over 4 months since the last alpha version released

Thank you for your patience and for your ever-helpful input to these forums.

Of course, if you think you can do better or faster, please feel free to go ahead - I'm sure we look forward to seeing your work soon in the app store, perhaps you could have it ready by tomorrow or next week ?

Andre

I use this app mostly in my car with bluetooth. I am using a Nexus 5X with Android Marshmallow, though I had the same problems on Android Lollipop.

It does not always work well. When I switch to bluetooth, my phone stops playing and when I switch my car back to radio the app starts in the background (I see a notification icon).

Also the app automatically starts and stops very quick sometimes, when I am not in the car.

4 hours ago, Bijoya said:

Also the app automatically starts and stops very quick sometimes, when I am not in the car.

I get that sometimes too, I think there are issues with command queuing in the bluetooth stack. Sometimes it won't respond to play/pause or fwd/back commands immediately, and then executes them in a rush about a minute later. I also see this issue occasionally after pressing pause on the device and then disconnecting the BT (or headset) and a little while later the external command triggers and playback starts. (I've removed your duplicate post by the way)

Andre

On 9/3/2016 at 7:17 PM, maxmp said:

Basically, the animations, transitions, lists, grids, seekbar, etc. were built from zero, as Android platform just doesn't give what's needed.

Oooo so looking forward to seeing what delights you're bringing us. I can see why it's taking time!

On 6/9/2016 at 10:24 AM, sonulohani said:

Thanks for the update max. I can wait for months because the current version has no issue whatsoever. I am interested to see how the new Poweramp looks like. Take your time man. Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

While I wouldn't say no issue whatsoever (I listen to music through my bluetooth) I do agree that it has been rock solid for an Alpha release. Comes to show that proper prioritizing took place when making this build.

Only reason I even remembered it was Alpha was after I started wondering whether it'd work with the newly released Nougat.

35 minutes ago, Feilakas said:

While I wouldn't say no issue whatsoever (I listen to music through my bluetooth) I do agree that it has been rock solid for an Alpha release. Comes to show that proper prioritizing took place when making this build.

Only reason I even remembered it was Alpha was after I started wondering whether it'd work with the newly released Nougat.

Agreed! I already applied to betas that weren't as reliable as this alpha.

Only thing that bothers me, are all the issues with Hi-Res Audio, probably exclusive, to the HTC 10. But the amazing sound makes me stay with Hi-Res enabled. As long as I'm just listening to the music, it works. 

Hello, I've been having issues with the buttons on the notification bar, it only works once then after the album art animation (after pressing a button) everything disappears, it goes all white except the album art. I have to open the app to just to change tracks.

This is also the case with the official player. I'm guessing it has something to do with the album art animation.

I'm using this player on my LG K10 running on marshmallow... but it works fine with my Xperia z1 on lollipop.

Archived