Poweramp alpha-build-703/704

maxmp

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, j.bert said:
Perfect for Poweramp imo.

Really? Why? What specific features does this offer that aren't available in the current Poweramp interface? It looks really bland and lacking in easily accessible controls to me (even next/prev folder/album/list controls are missing). Perhaps those sort of controls would pop up when you touch the screen maybe?

Andre

Hi, I've been running alpha 3 without any issues whatsoever except one. The volume control no longer works after display is turned off/phone sleeps. I have to wake it up in order to change the volume. I can confirm that it worked in alpha 2 and before.

Works amazingly on my HTC M9

However, when using my HTC 10 with 6.0.1 with DVC I have a ton of volume issue's when accessed from Audio>Advanced Tweaks.  Also my favorite setting "Volume Levels (Experimental)" doesn't work :(.

Its a great upgrade except I get alot of clipping taking place sometimes and randomly while playing music. The music play used to sound as smooth as silk with clarity right through. Im using all defaults and also currently running it on my Galaxy Note 4.Also when will the newer beta version be released, at least to use themes. I miss my Material Theme in white and green. The black and white isnt enough. :-) keep working to improve Poweramp, the best music player period for android, worth every penny.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:36 AM, andrewilley said:

Really? Why? What specific features does this offer that aren't available in the current Poweramp interface? It looks really bland and lacking in easily accessible controls to me (even next/prev folder/album/list controls are missing). Perhaps those sort of controls would pop up when you touch the screen maybe?

Andre

I agree....why...lolol. Poweramp is great and unique, no need to follow the others. its perfect just need a few audio performance tweaks in the current 703 beta release. 

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Anything in common about the music files that this happens with? (high sample rates, etc?)

Andre

Good question... ATM nothing in common, i have music from my home collection flac, mp3, 

but i will report you if  i will find somwthing

Can someone help me uninstall this - I want to go back to v2 for now. I have tried uninstalling Poweramp and Unlocker from Google Play and restarting my device, when I reinstall, changelog still shows 703 and I can't apply skins so I assume I am still on v3.

Is there something else I need to delete?

Thanks

[UPDATE]

Solved - it was because I was in the testing program via Google - left this, now can roll back

On 19/05/2016 at 3:57 PM, perettigiuliano said:

Not in my case, sound still clipped and during these clipping it seams slowed down

How about turning on clipping protection in Replaygain?

i had alpha 700 , installed alpha 701 , curious about which 70x version is better sounding for 16/44 flac files on my zx2 

are there any significant sonic quality differences between the 70x versions ?

thanx 

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased Poweramp and get v703 installed on my LG G3 cat6 (Snap805 SOC) running Mokee rom (Marshmallow)

Since my Sony PHA-1A DAC supports up to 24bit 192KHz but why is it showing 16bit 44.1KHz (as in the 1st attached pic)... whilst I saw someone get it to the right one back in v702 thread page 2 (2nd pic).

Thank you...!

Screenshot_20160521-103338.png

FNN285l.png

Just reporting that I did use the High Res Audio Output via headphones. Turned off Direct Volume Control in Advanced Tweaks as well as NO DVC enabled on the the high res output options. The audio is sweeeeeeet. No clipping and no audio breaks. Amazing audio clarity. Thanks @andrewilley for your help. I have a Galaxy Note 4 device running stock Samsung Marshmallow 6.0.1.

I hope you can make it so we can select which visualizations that can be shuffled. I prefer shuffling only the Milkdrop visuals and not those ones with spectrums (but would still want them sometimes). Maybe you should make a way to separate categories of presets like Windows Media Player has.

Also, I noticed some visualizer presets don't seem to appear at all... and sometimes it gets stuck in one preset and does not transition even though I set it to change ever 10 seconds. Also there should be a way to keep the screen on when using visualizer.

I'm using Xperia Z5 with high res output.

Archived