Jpeg, png album art not showing

Halk

I'm not sure if this happens in previous versions but .png and .jpeg cover art files are ignored.

Renaming the jpegs to jpg works just fine as you might expect, but also renaming png to jpg works too.

Yeah, there are a lot of minor changes like that in the feature requests forums though. I suspect Max won't get around to looking at that kind of stuff until v3 is released and stable. In the meantime, you could use a batch file renamer to change any .jpeg files to .jpg.

Andre

.jpg, .jpeg, .png are checked for album art (during scan). Though, due to quite complicated priority system for album art (as there are multiple possible sources of covers for tracks), some other image can be selected.

The only exception if <album_name>.jpg - for given album, Poweramp probes it name with just .jpg extension.

I am seeing a black box where the album art should be.. now occasionally when advancing track or going back the album art would appear..  as long as an album was playing, as in not randomized, the art remains but randomized it is a black box regardless of extension, HD or otherwise .. 

Poweramp version: alpha-build-702

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
Chip name: exynos8890
Platform: exynos5
Total RAM: 3.5 GB
Max CPU frequency: 2600 MHz
Sound chip: Lucky CS47L91 Sound
GPU: ARM Mali-T880
Screen: 5.1" (1440x2560)

On 14/04/2016 at 3:42 PM, maxmp said:

.jpg, .jpeg, .png are checked for album art (during scan). Though, due to quite complicated priority system for album art (as there are multiple possible sources of covers for tracks), some other image can be selected.

The only exception if <album_name>.jpg - for given album, Poweramp probes it name with just .jpg extension.

That's not happening for me. In folders where there is nothing other than folder.png I get nothing when browsing folders/albums but I do get it when playing tracks. 

I can confirm the issue that @Halk reported is still occurring in build 703.

I've just done some testing by setting the "Prefer In-Folder Images" mode, clearing the art cache, and then creating a new album folder containing few tracks (all without any embedded artwork) and including both a Cover.png and a Cover.jpeg file.

Even after a rescan, when viewing this new album in the list via Folders mode, Albums mode or Artists mode, etc, there is no album art displayed, only a grey placeholder icon.

If I then copy over a Cover.jpg file into the same folder and trigger a rescan, the artwork from Cover.jpg immediately appears in all of the lists. I tried the same test with folder.png, folder.jpeg and finally folder.jpg files and the results were the same, only the final image with the .jpg extension was displayed.

Andre

Update to 703.. album art only shows when advancing forward / reverse.. when the device locks and is unlocked the album art that was once displayed is gone until advancing forward or going back a track.. regardless of file extension.  Full dump of cache, full rescan .. still same experience.  

Downloading works again.. Yay! 

Archived