Poweramp does not obey system volume settings (RESOLVED)

I use Tasker to detect a BT connection and set the media volume to a specific level depending on which BT device I am connecting to and then Tasker starts Poweramp.  However, Poweramp is  overriding the Tasker volume setting with whatever volume Poweramp was set to the last time I used it.  

For example when I connect to my motorcycle BT I want the volume at 100% and I control the speaker volume with the motocycle audio controls.  Later I connect to a BT speaker in the house and Tasker sets the media volume to 5/15 but as soon as  Poweramp starts playing the volume jumps back up to 100%.  Then If I connect to the motorcycle again Tasker sets the media volume to 100% but as soon as Poweramp starts playing the volume resets to 5/15.

I have tried checking/unchecking Direct Volume Control and it doesn't seem to have any effect on this.  Currently it is unchecked.

This has been driving me crazy - any suggestions will be most welcome.

(Edit) Poweramp version 2.0.10-build-585-play running on OnePlus One, Exodus rom 5.1-20151228

(2nd Edit) I need to do more testing with this.  Now it seems to behave properly at least some of the time so there may be something else going on.  I'm marking it resolved for now.

Archived