List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/24/2016 at 6:59 AM, s3040608090 said:

One of my friends told me the hi-res function also works in his new Xiaomi redmi note3(stock MIUI, android5.1). And the noise reduced a lot. :D

it works great on rn3 kenzo miui 8, not supported on los 

Hi Admin. I will report again until you give some solution or explanation. 

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H 

Exynos 7 Octa/ 5433, Wolfson DAC, Android 6.0.1 Official. 

Hi-Res Output on wired headset not yet work in Alpha Build 703. I try to install Alpha build 704 and no solve my problem. If I activate Hi-Res Output no music can I hear, just knocking sound continuously. Hi-Res Output on wired headset work if DVC are off, but volume too low and SQ is bad. What can I do for solving this problem, rooting phone? And I delete some vendor app like SoundAlive or Adapt Sound? 

I understand for you're hard work but I hope you give me some solutions for this problem in Note 4 SM-N910H Exynos. Because I can see in other Note 4 variant this fiture can work perfectly. Confused  ?. 

Please reply my report. Thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Vie Lovins said:

Please reply my report. Thank you. 

Thanks for the report, but you have posted it in the list of working devices thread, it would be better to post it in the requests thread.

I actually thought the Note 4 worked OK with Lollipop, so it could be an Android 6.x issue. Remember this is an alpha-test release, so if you are not happy with it please revert to the stable release build. 

Andre

Hi Andre. Sorry for the quote. I will keep V3 and wait next update. I hope developer can fix new apk for Hi-Res in Note 4 SM-N910H Android 6.0.1. 

OpenSL ES on V3 still superb than regularly Poweramp 2.0. 

Resampler, Buffer Size, Bass, Trebel and Stereo expansion has help me to clearly listening experience even Hi-Res not yet work. I'll wait new Beta version for Hi-Res output. Thank you 

5 hours ago, Vie Lovins said:

I will keep V3 and wait next update. I hope developer can fix new apk for Hi-Res in Note 4 SM-N910H Android 6.0.1. 

I doubt this will be fixed on the next beta release (which will be basically the current code with a new user interface added) but hopefully by the time v3 is officially released Max will have been able to address all the various high-rez device requests. 

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo.. I have Samsung s7 edge with Poweramp alpha build 4.. Since to lollipop, it's all ok and wonderful.. But, from when I installed nougat, no longer works the DVC (direct volume control). When I plug headphones with active dvc, the music is heard only from the speaker external. If off the DVC, the music is heard regularly from headphones but with an evident loss of audio quality. Please help me! 

1 hour ago, tonyd77 said:

But, from when I installed nougat, no longer works the DVC (direct volume control). 

Any upgrades to new nougat released have the potential to break the alpha-test builds as they are not yet supported - although if you turn DVC off that can help. Doing so theoretically shouldn't damage the audio quality much, but it might affect the volume. You could try and see if high-rez output works, but that's even more of a grey area with nougat.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Any upgrades to new nougat released have the potential to break the alpha-test builds as they are not yet supported - although if you turn DVC off that can help. Doing so theoretically shouldn't damage the audio quality much, but it might affect the volume. You could try and see if high-rez output works, but that's even more of a grey area with nougat.

Andre

But, is there a hope that a new update comes out to resolve this problem? 

45 minutes ago, tonyd77 said:

But, is there a hope that a new update comes out to resolve this problem? 

By the time v3 is officially released, yes. But possibly not in the next beta-test release which mostly relates the the user interface.

Andre

Hallo.. Other problem Since I installed nougat...  I can't plus edit the ID3 tags of my mp3 on micro sd.. it always comes out this screen : "grant access. No write access to the file. To enable access, please select parent storage (e.g. Internal SD card /USB storage) in the grant access dialog,then try again." I try to select sd but It is not just view. When I had marshmallows, I didn't have this problem. 

OnePlus 3T, OxygenOS 4.0.3 (Latest nougat).

I have an option for high res audio via headset but for some reason is keeps failing and reverting to default output.

Any ideas why might cause it?

19 hours ago, Svid said:

I have an option for high res audio via headset but for some reason is keeps failing and reverting to default output.

Any ideas why might cause it?

Nougat is the most likely culprit, which should hopefully be handled better by the time of the official v3 release.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Nougat is the most likely culprit, which should hopefully be handled better by the time of the official v3 release.

Andre

It is the cause. Tested this on my friend's oneplus one and same thing. Nought bug or incompatability of Poweramp with nought for now.

But still love this player since 2010 and will wait like the rest for the final 3.0 release :)

4 hours ago, honestloez said:

Hello, i have the s7 edge with exynos. The High Res outpus was flawless, but since updated to Nougat, it now only play with native android output. The sound also noticeably worse than before. Any opinion about this?

You don't mention  what version of PA you are using? For Nougat you could do with 704 rather than 703.

Andre