Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hajo said:

Same here. Oneplus 3T. Used to work, after update to android 7 always says high res output failed and switches back to 16/48 HDS LMT. 

Just checking, but you are using the latest build 704 aren't you? (it's a bit hidden at the bottom of the 703 page)

Andre

On 23.1.2017 at 9:12 AM, andrewilley said:

Just checking, but you are using the latest build 704 aren't you? (it's a bit hidden at the bottom of the 703 page)

Andre

Hey Andre,

I got the same Issue and was on 703 and now tried 704 for ~1 week. at first it "seemed" to work, but if I unlock my phone and Poweramp opens directly it shows me the "Cant use Hi-Res Output, reverting to standart" - popup.

So both versions dont work atm :(

Also Oneplus 3 with Nougat (OxygenOS 4.0.2)

1. Fiio X5 3rd Generation

2. 5.1.1 (Fiio Custom Rom Build 1.0.9)

3. SoC: RK3188  DAC: AK4490x2

Supports :

DSD:DSD64/128(".iso", ".dsf", ".dff")

DXD:352.8K

APE FAST/High/Normal:384kHz/24bit(MAX)

APE Extra High:192kHz/24bit(MAX)

APE Insane:48kHz/24bit(MAX)

Apple Lossless:384kHz/24bit(MAX)

AIFF:384kHz/24bit(MAX)

FLAC:384kHz/24bit(MAX)

WAV:384kHz/32bit(MAX)

WMA LOSSLESS:96kHz/24bit(MAX)

audio_policy.conf

Edited by Andrew E
Attached "audio_policy.conf"

Pioneer XDP-300R - Digital Audio Player

2x Sabre DAC ES9018k2m + 2x Sabre Amp 9601K

Android version 5.1.1

Kernel Version 3.4.0 android-build@DAP #1

Build Numder LMY47V

SW version 0.1.378_20161104.005251

Thanks in advance for your support.

I just had a message back from Max re: 7.0 Android compatibility issues with the current 704 alpha build:

Sony ZX - works fine.
Sony Z5/Premium - doesn't work, Sony stopped rolling this OTA anyway due to other bugs.
HTC 10 - works if Beats disabled
HTC M9 - works
S7 (Edge) - works

Andre

On 23. 1. 2017 at 7:16 AM, Hajo said:

Same here. Oneplus 3T. Used to work, after update to android 7 always says high res output failed and switches back to 16/48 HDS LMT. 

High res output to USB dac works fine (TEAC ha-p50)

same here, can we please fix this? i just flashed stock clean OOS 4.0.2 and new install 704 but no luck.. highres output failed to switch on. Oneplus3T

11 minutes ago, castaway said:

same here, can we please fix this? 

I'm sure it will be fixed in time for the official release, but please remember this is an ALPHA test build, not even beta test yet. While it's great that it generally works so well, newer Android releases (and especially non-stock ones) could easily break it.

In case anyone's interested, I gather that the next build (the first beta test, due in March) will be pretty much the same underlying audio code that we currently have in 704 but with a completely rebuilt user interface. Once that's released and tested, Max will be able to return to bug fixes and high-rez device requests, etc.

Andre

On Friday, February 03, 2017 at 3:13 PM, castaway said:

same here, can we please fix this? i just flashed stock clean OOS 4.0.2 and new install 704 but no luck.. highres output failed to switch on. Oneplus3T

Same here...not working ...

A update regarding axon 7 mini.

I can use the hires output and it works without any issues so far. It says snapdragon 24bit variant(actually has AKM AK4962 32bit/192khz) and goes all the way up to 192khz as it should, only question is about the 32 bit support and the correct name of the dac.

Unfortunately I have no way to access root on this phone atleast not that I know of, tried every way to find the audio.policy.conf but just can not find it, downloaded the kernel alone and it is no there either

1. Tmobile LG G5 (H830)

2. Fulmic's Rom (Stock 20c based) Nougat 7.0 

3. Hi-Res output was working fine on Android 6.0.1 but not on 7.0. I can select the HiRes output for AUX but music will start playing using OpenSL output. I can switch ON/OFF AUX in HiRes while the music is playing and a message saying it failed will be displayed.

audio_policy.conf

Hi-Res Output on wired headset not work for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H (Exynos, Android 6.0.1 Official). Very sad and hope someday that fiture can I hear. Hi-Res can work if I check NO DVC, but SQ are bad and volume too low. How long I'l wait for "Amazing Hires output" come to my ear? I can wait forever, I love Poweramp and other player can't replaced on my Galaxy Note 4. 

Edited by andrewilley
Moved to High-res requests thread