Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Device: Asus ROG Phone 7

2. ROM version Global Stock Android 13, build WW_33.0820.0810.121 +adb shell getprop output

3. Information from Asus.com: Audio Output: Hi-Res Audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit for 3.5mm output Qualcomm WCD9385 for Hi-Res output

4. attached

5. attached

thank`s devs for best player

2023-09-29 11.53.59.jpg

adb shell getprop.txt audio_policy_configuration.xml

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Galaxy A54 5G, latest firmware (October 2023). Log

14:19:02.103 build-976-bundle-play
Device: samsung samsung SM-A546E a54xnsxx s5e8835 "s5e8835" a54x TP1A.220624.014.A546EXXS5AWJ1 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

samsung band
FLAG_VARIANT_SAMSUNG_UHQA
2 changelist=27100863
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=33
>>>OK flags=0x11671c400000000
FLAG_VARIANT_SAMSUNG_UHQA
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_SPEAKER
FLAG_OUT_PARAMS_UNDETECTABLE
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC
FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_STOP_FOR_PAUSE
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K

It seems to be supporting up to 384K, however, it's stuck to 16 bit 48Khz even with the official Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone adapter. USB-C headphones can push 24 Bit/48Khz tho so this is weird. Is it from their side?

45 minutes ago, Rachidulric said:

It seems to be supporting up to 384K, however, it's stuck to 16 bit 48Khz even with the official Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone adapter.

I tried the official Samsung adapter cable on my Galaxy A54 and it was rubbish. Not only did it have a nasty low-level electronic hiss, it couldn't cope with very low volume levels (kept clipping and dropping in and out). I seem to recall high-res didn't work well either, but I sent it back so I can't test it again now. High-res seems very much dependent on the DAC adapter in use (even if the spec says it should work).

I've recently received a CS46L41-based cable (this one) which was cheaper than the Samsung cable at the time and it sounds so much better all round - and it can go up to 384k/32-bit, and works fine with DVC enabled. Sadly for me, the Android 3-button inline controls on my headset cable (play/pause/etc, volume) don't seem to work via it on the A54 (SM-A546B, latest firmware). :( I also tested on an A40, A70, S21, and an Asus tablet, and they all worked fine for all three buttons, so clearly there is some compatibility issue with the A54. But if you're not bothered about the cable buttons though, give it a try.

image.png

Andre

• 1 month later...

Hello.  The one ui 6 shell (android14) has been updated, the hi res output gives an error.

Version Info ======================
Build: Poweramp build-977-uni full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-305
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_White
Device: samsung SM-A536E s5e8825 a53x a53xnsxx [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.sec.android.app.samsungapps (4.5.65.1)
Android: 14 samsung/a53xnsxx/a53x:14/UP1A.231005.007/A536EXXU7DWK6:user/release-keys ru_RU

Screenshot_20231130_213804_Poweramp.jpg

@Ska77 I have the same issue on my A54 which has just been updated to OneUI 6.0, Android 14. It doesn't seem to be happening on high-end Samsung devices though - Max has been able to test on recently updated S22 and Flip4 phones which seem to be working fine with the Samsung USB-C>3.5mm adapter. What output device are you using on your A53 when this error occurs?

The solution for now is to switch to AAudio output rather than using the experimental Hi-Res option. That should still provide at least 192kHz/24-bit playback on a decent USB DAC.

Andre

39 минут назад, Андревилли сказал:

@Ska77У меня такая же проблема на моем A54, который только что обновился до OneUI 6.0, Android 14. Однако, похоже, этого не происходит на устройствах Samsung высокого класса — Макс смог протестовать на недавно обновленных телефонах S22 и Flip4, которые, кажется, работают нормально с адаптером Samsung USB-C>3,5 мм. Какое устройство вы используете на своем A53, когда возникает эта ошибка?

На данный момент решение состоит в том, чтобы переключиться на выход AAudio и не использовать экспериментальную опцию Hi-Res. Это по-прежнему должно обеспечивать качество звука как минимум 192 кГц/24 бита на приличном USB-ЦАП.

Андре

This error occurs on the speaker and on Bluetooth and on the usb DAC when you connect via hi-res audio input.  The adapter is like this.

Screenshot_20231203_124528_AliExpress.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ska77 said:

This error occurs on the speaker and on Bluetooth and on the usb DAC when you connect via hi-res audio input.  The adapter is like this.

Thanks. Please use AAudio output in the meantime.

My USB-C DAC is very similar to yours, I don't think the model is particularly significant to this issue, this is a Samsung firmware problem. These type of adapters mostly come from China, based on fairly standard chipsets. Mine is Conexant CX31993 based, but there are quite a few based on the Cirrus CS46L41 too, and presumably others too.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Global  Mediatek Dimensity 920
Miui 14.0.8

Poweramp 981
In its advertising it says it is compatible with both Hi-RES and HI-RES Wireless

When I set the output to 192KHz, the sound through the headphones stutters and runs slowly. I'm very hopeful for the solution, it was very difficult to find my first cell phone with everything I wanted: Hi-RES and Hi-RES Wireless, P2 on top, Micro SD, Oled, Stereo JBL...

Captura de tela 2024-01-10 210051.png

Screenshot_2024-01-10-20-47-40-107_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bonjour maxmp 

Quelque soit les parametres, en auto ou configure, il est strictement IMPOSSIBLE d'utiliser la sortie haute resolution avec le DVC en haut parleur ni en casque filaire HR sur XPERIA 10 V (ANDROID 13) ET XPERIA 5 IV (ANDROID 12)

Merci pour votre comprehension

Screenshot_20240212-085303.thumb.png.349bc5032ea1ae58d95152cfd9706ab8.png

• 1 month later...

Je suis epuise de devoir sans cesse appeller au secours sans que rien ne change ...

J'ai participe au developpement HI RES de plusieurs applications audio ANDROID, et au final la seule application qui aurait pu concretement participer pleinement a mon bonheur, Poweramp, n a jamais ete capable de rendre fonctionnel les DVC !

A chaque fois que je change de smartphones, le DVC casse toute la resolution et la frequence en 16b/48k !

Helas je ne peux pas utiliser d autres modeles que des XPERIA 5 IV, V et 10 V pour des raisons importantes.

Je vous remercie grandement pour tout ce que vous avez accompli depuis le debut, mais je vous demande une derniere fois de trouver une alternative dans le codage ou les codecs afin de pouvoir faire fonctionner ce DVC avec TOUS les XPERIA !!

(Et aussi tant que j'y pense, si vous pouvez permettre a l'application de fournir un suivi ADAPTATIF de la frequence des fichiers audio, ce serait fantastique, pour empecher l application de sous ou sur echantillonner les fichiers)

Merci infiniment pour votre attention

Edited by andrewilley
Duplicate copy of same post removed

@Ventdelinfini As Max has said in the past, the experimental high-res feature is not always compatible with every manufacturer's ROM and/or 3.5mm output, also also disabling DVC may assist in making it work. Have you tried using some of the other output methods - AudioTrack, AAudio, etc? There is obviously no point trying to use high-res on a tiny phone speaker anyway, but 3.5mm output (if it's available) is more likely to work. 

Andre