Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sonny Maker said:
  1. Oneplus One
  2. Lineage OS - latest 7.1
  3. Doesn't support hi res. Gives error that hi-res output has failed.Please help.
  4. Can't supply conf file :( not rooted..

You don't say which version of PA you are using, but you would need to be using build 704 to stand any chance of high-rez working on Android 7+

Andre

When I upgraded my redmi note 4 into a nougat rom my Poweramp hi resolution output started throwing that hi resolution output failed.

I have snapdragon 625 chipset pls help

It was working fine in my marshmallow stable ROM but now this happens.

I am missing that hi resolution audio

Just now, Saptarshi das said:

Yes I am using 704 I upgraded my phone to aosp ROM which supports nougat and since then option is not their.

Whenever I go back to my stable miui 8 ROM the option comes back again and it works again

Actually the option for hi resolution is coming but not working in any ROM having nougat

1 hour ago, Saptarshi das said:

Whenever I go back to my stable miui 8 ROM the option comes back again and it works again

Actually the option for hi resolution is coming but not working in any ROM having nougat

You'll need to either stick with a stable ROM then, or wait for the next PA beta release which should address a lot of the compatibility issues which have cropped up over the 14 months since the previous alpha release.

Andre

34 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

You'll need to either stick with a stable ROM then, or wait for the next PA beta release which should address a lot of the compatibility issues which have cropped up over the 14 months since the previous alpha release.

Andre

Thank you 

I love Poweramp too much

Just checked, Poweramp alpha 704 works perfectly on my bros samsung s7, It even recognizes the correct path and uses it,Still not working on axon 7 mini neither on 6.0 or 6.0.1(improved the sound quality a lot compared to any other player). Pretty sure it isn't using the proper path on this phone whoever says it is working with snapdragon 24bit  pcm path is False it is not working, it has worse sound quality and sound stage than stock player.

1. LG V20

2. Android 7.0 Nougat(LG Stock)

3. ESS ES9218 DAC (Quad) / Snapdragon 24-bit PCM

I can see Hi-Res out with 'Snapdragon 24-bit PCM', But when I enable 'Wired Headset & AUX' option and plug my earphone in, Poweramp displays an error with "Failed : Poweramp Hi-Res output Exp Output  Using default output".

tested using  Poweramp build 704

On 2017-6-18 at 10:45 PM, andrewilley said:

You don't say which version of PA you are using, but you would need to be using build 704 to stand any chance of high-rez working on Android 7+

Andre

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I'm using alpha-build-704-uni.

I suspect that the new lineage OS (The successor to now dead Cyanogenmod)  is not supported. Know the oneplus one on the old o/s works. Can you help?

Thanks.

LG v10 Android 7.0 Hi-Res Output has appeared after upgrading to Poweramp v3 alpha-build-704 from 703.

But, whenever I try to play mp3s with Hi-Res Output via Wired Headset/AUX, "Failed: Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output, Using default out" occurs.

Plz, someone help me!!

https://nas.pdstory.com:18893/fbsharing/gSdV3inL

Edited by andrewilley
Moved to high-rez requests thread

Hi maxmp,

I'd like to request Hi-Res support

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805)

2. rooted stock ROM T805XXU1CPL1 (Android 6.01 Marshmallow)

3. I've bought some music in Hi-Res 24bit/96kHz from Qobuz. Poweramp cannot play it but other player like Pi Music Player or Shuttle and even X-plore can. 

Chris

1. Sony Xperia Z5

2. Stock, Android 7.0 (using  build 704)

3. Supports 24-bit/192kHz audio

The Z5 lineup is listed as supported, but it doesn't seem to work with newer versions.

EDIT: with the latest Android update (now running 7.1.1) HiRes output is back :D

Edited by Drugoli
HiRes started working again.

On 21.06.2017 at 8:02 PM, Krzysiek said:

1. Xiaomi Mi5

2. Miui 8.6, android 7.0 (actully xiaomi.eu software, but its translated Chinese version)

3. Xiaomi mi5 has qualcomm aqstic (yes the same one as HTC 10) https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2016/06/02/qualcomm-aqstic-sets-new-standard-audiophiles

I am using alpha-build-704 

I thought that the hi res output is diable, because when I tisten on the headphones via AUX output it says that OpenSL ES Ouput is active. But my friend said: "It is as its should be" so ignore my request.

Sorry for the mess, and thanks for the great app!

I love Poweramp, Krzysiek

Huawei P10

Android 7.0

Hisilicon Kirin 960

Supports  192 Khz / 24 bit says so in specs

• Lyd

Lydfilformater: mp3/mp4/3gp/wma/ogg/amr/aac/flac/wav/midi/ra
Supports 192 Khz / 24 bit

it has the Hi6403 soundchip, supports 24/192 as well as DSD etc..

Checked can also play Dxd/Dsd up to 192khz/24 bit..

and works with my Sony Music center High res and the Onkyo Hifi player and Huawei music player, and Google Music. But Poweramp 704 dont let me go Hi-Res with the Jack.

I will buy full version of Poweramp if they fix to Huawei, mostly because i want the Album arts and tweaking possibilyties..