Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo) [Qualcomm]
Resurrection Remix 5.8.2-20170316, Android 7.1.1, official custom ROM https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-resurrectionremix-5-8-0-t3507433

Poweramp 3 build 704 is able to see Hi-Res interface for wired headset, but is unable to enable and use it: "Failed: Poweamp Hi-Res Exp Output. Using default output"

The hack with "ro.lenovo.hifi_support=true" works, but only 16 bit 192 kHz is available.

Hi-Res 24/192 was working on Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 (Android 6).

audio_policy.conf

1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro SE ('kate' edition)

2. Lineage OS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)

3. HiRes output works well on Android 6.0-based stock MIUI rom. I hate all the MIUI things, so I've decided to get rid of them and installed 7.1-based custom rom, HiRes output disappeared on alpha-build-703 (from play store)

I've installed alpha-build-704 (APKMirror, version from 28th May 2016) and HiRes output is available again, but only for USB DAC (it states as follows: "Variant: USB DAC only"). I think something is broken in Nougat implementation, according to the rest of the posts here.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:25 AM, maxmp said:

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM)
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)? A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf file may be helpful.

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

Model:  BLU R1 HD

Android version:  6,0

Baseband version:  MOLY.LR9.W1444.MD.LWTG.MP.V79.P37

Kernel version:  3.18.19+

Build number:  MRA58K

Custom build version:  BLU_R0010UU_V7.4.2_GENERIC 09-11-2016 13:38

I believe my phone might support Hi-Res output because it lets me choose the "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" option. Upon tapping on it the "Wired Headset/AUX" option is not present, therefore I'm unable to enable it. However, it does display the "USB DAC" option only. Also when tapping the cogwheel next to the USB DAC name I am able to select the 192khz sample rate. Please advice! Thanks.

Poweramp Screenshot.png

On 21.03.2017 at 7:09 AM, Chuy said:

Model:  BLU R1 HD

Android version:  6,0

Baseband version:  MOLY.LR9.W1444.MD.LWTG.MP.V79.P37

Kernel version:  3.18.19+

Build number:  MRA58K

Custom build version:  BLU_R0010UU_V7.4.2_GENERIC 09-11-2016 13:38

I believe my phone might support Hi-Res output because it lets me choose the "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" option. Upon tapping on it the "Wired Headset/AUX" option is not present, therefore I'm unable to enable it. However, it does display the "USB DAC" option only. Also when tapping the cogwheel next to the USB DAC name I am able to select the 192khz sample rate. Please advice! Thanks.

Poweramp Screenshot.png

Most of the phones can use High res API via USB Dac. The High res output that we are talking here is with internal DAC of the phone. While your phone might have internal DAC, OEM's decided to disable it in the software level and max can't add high res audio path to ROMs.

Attachine the high res menu on a compatible device for example (OnePlus 3T). I'm not using AUX because this is still broken on nougat for the current alpha version so i'm using my B&O DAC that came with the G5.

EDIT: After digging abit on the internet, I don't think that your phone have High res capable hardware.

Screenshot_20170325-163004.png