Sleep timer behavior.

Thezac

Hi everyone.

I use heavily sleep timer : I go to sleep with boring podcasts, and a sleep timer set at 15 minutes ;  those podcasts are interesting and I want to resume them more or lesss at the same place the next night, so I don't play them for more than 15 minutes. But the set time is not always long enough to get me asleep. So, some nights, after the first 15 minutes, I have to switch on the phone screen, unlock the phone, enter Poweramp, tell it to activate the sleep timer, restart the podcast for another 15 minutes... All the process quite awakening me.

Coming from RockBox, I had there a couple of interestings settings :

- with rockbox customizable menu, activating the sleep timer was easy, and could be done without looking the device ;

- any press on any button, while sleep timer is active, would reset the timer duration.

I assume I cannot obtain the same with Poweramp. But I would be very interested in the coming options :

- having the sleep timer activation more accessible ;

- having the option to tell to Poweramp if I want it to run, by default, in sleep mode or not : hence, if I go to sleep with Poweramp on and with sleep mode activated for, let's say, 15 minutes, and it stops after the 15 minutes, I can just restart it using the command on my earbuds, or a BT remote on my night table, knowing it will stop after 15 minutes. And if at day I don't want it to stop after 15 minutes, I set the sleep time duration to 0, or I set the sleep mode to "deactivated".

Or, alternative route, is there a way I can assign a keystroke on a BT remote control, or a special combination (triple press ?) on the wired headset control to activate/deactivate sleep mode ?

Sincerely,

Thezac.

I asked ages ago (maybe four years now?) for the sleep timer to allow an option to function as an inactivity timer, where any user control action (pause/unpause, change track, etc) would reset the counter to its initial value, but nothing ever came of it.

Andre

Noted, Andre. This feature request can get lost in development mayhem. Other priorities...

I have noted in a different thread that there is a possible interaction between Tasker I happen to have, and Poweramp. But that Tasker cannot change the configuration of Poweramp. Is the sleep timer a configuration setting, or a feature ?... I suppose I will ask the question in the Developer's area/External API thread.

Thezac.

Still thinking...

SLEEP TIMER

Using the beta, as a registered user, I have set Poweramp lockscreen, which provides me quick and easy access to many of Poweramp's feature, and I am very found of it.

Now, going back to my sleep timer easy activation desired feature...

On the lockscreen I can decide to show various items : time/date, and progress bar, and repeat/note/shuffle...

Could it be possible to implement a sleep timer button on Poweramp's lock screen,

- maybe as an alternative to repeat, note and/or shuffle

- maybe together with repeat, note and/or shuffle

- maybe elsewhere in it's own place, up to you to decide ?

SWIPE OVER LOCKSCREEN

Then, if I was to tweak the lockscreen to my own usage, I would also like have a gesture, in the lockscreen : swipe left/right over album art (time & date in case of no album art) to rewind/fast forward. Optionally at a speed proportional to the speed of the swipe.

Then, for me, Poweramp would have become my ultimate podcast player.

Hoping and crossing fingers,

Thezac.

If you want all that on your 'lock' screen (i.e. where nothing happens until you unlock the device) it might be easier to simply turn the lockscreen off completely when using PA, and then you'll get the main Player screen when you activate the phone. That's what I do in the car and when listening at night.

Andre

Well, most of this is already on the Poweramp's lock screen. It's a very interesting feature that allows to have a very useful "while playing screen" as lock screen, hence allows to interact with Poweramp and which, when exiting, directs me to android's lockscreen if I want to have any other interaction with my phone. It's a king of pre-android's-lockscreen (actually certainly a Poweramp widget within android lockscreen).

It is brillant feature, which allows a quick interaction with Poweramp when the phone is idle but playing music or podcasts. It was already in build 585 but I hadn't yet noticed how convenient it is when I turn to be a serious listener.

I'm very found of it. Only wishes it had a sleep timer toggle on it. For I cannot imagine a tasker scene in android's lockscreen that would switch the sleep timer state -- even on a rooted phone.

Thezac.

• 3 months later...

Well, speaking about a sleep timer:

How about to add a fade out feature with may be a duration for the fade out?
I would hope that this is an inexpensive feature and I would love it because  when the musik abruptly stops I tend to wake up again :-(

Lutz

• 4 weeks later...

Archived