Poweramp alpha-build-702

maxmp

On 4/4/2016 at 10:17 PM, rkkoszewski said:

BUG:

I have problems playing HE-AACv2 Files. Heavy skipping happening (as if it would be playing the audio at 500% speed), and finally it just says "Decoder timed out".

MP3, AAC LC and AAC-HEv1 Files seems to be playing fine.

Using MediaMonkey I can play the HE-AACv2 Files without any problems so its an Poweramp decoder issue.

In the attachment is a sample song, which has that issue. Can somebody else test it and see if it's working?

{My phone Moto G 2014 (Android 6.0 - Nexus Xperience ROM)}

bensound-epic.m4a

Max: this problem is still present in build 703.

Andre

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2016 at 9:41 PM, Falenone said:

There's a bug when manually seeking. I tap on the seek bar, it goes where I tapped but doesn't seek and then moves back to where it was before

Please could you check again with build 703, as Max as added some new code to the progress bar's manual seek facility (particularly with VBR encoded files).

Andre

On 24/03/2016 at 8:01 AM, kradcliffe said:

The ticker bar at the bottom is still inaccurate for calculating track times. Sometimes it runs past the displayed time of the track.

On 24/03/2016 at 8:23 AM, andrewilley said:

As it happens, I just noticed the same thing yesterday. The accuracy of the progress bar seems to be rather worse on some tracks than others, I assumed it's probably VBR related, and I'll send a sample file to Max for him to look into.

On 13/04/2016 at 4:18 PM, maxmp said:

I adjusted seeking for mp3 files. Now it will:
- seek VBR accurately and quickly, if there is TOC index in this file
- otherwise, seek file inaccurately and fast. For CBR files this will be accurate. For VBR without TOC this will be inaccurate the same way it was before (seek may result in incorrect elapsed time calculation)

I prefer speed over accuracy, as on mobile platform, seeking bad mp3 file accurately can take hundreds of ms and this is noticeable.
For most files it is speedy and accurate now (dev build 703).

I've just checked my sample files again with build 703, and seeking via the progress bar is working perfectly now, thanks Max. @kradcliffe could you confirm your playback and track times are now OK too?

Andre

Ok, for anyone that had an Idol 3, if Poweramp had cuts and skips, go to the developer options and change to NuPlayer instead of Awesome Player.

Alpha version runs well for now. I had no problems with the new issues 

Screenshot_2016-04-17-21-30-50.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question...is hi-res output worth with bluetooth devices ?

I noticed that it sounds differently with hi-res on, but i can not decide that it's good or not. I don't have information about my car stereo's capabilities...it sounds but.....

BUG:

Phone: LG V10 (H900)

Android version: 6.0

Poweramp version: V3 Alpha 3

Build Number: 703 

One bug that im finding in this is importing playlists from the system player that were originally made by Poweramp (I back them up using playlist backup). It only matches the song name, not the artist aswell, causing a randome draw when multiple artists have a song of the same or similar name.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2016 at 3:42 AM, maxmp said:

Alpha2 F.A.Q.

Q. Poweramp v2 always has been able to play Hi-Res Audio, what is actually added in Alpha2?

A. Poweramp v2 can decode Hi-Res Audio, but it's always resampled back to 16bit/48 (or 44.1) khz as previously device+ROM combination couldn't output more than that.

Alpha2 build can actually output Hi-Res (24bit/192khz, depedning on the device) via smartphone Hi-Res DAC to wired headset/headphones.

Q. What smartphones have internal Hi-Res DAC?

A. Samsung Galaxy (S5/S6/S7 and variants), Note4/5 

LG G2/3/4, V10

Sony Z3/Z4/Z5 and variants

HTC One A9/M9

Some MTK based devices (with appropriate hardware and ro.mtk_besloudness_support=1) (e.g. Highscreen Boost3).

All the above devices should be on Android 5+, with the exception of LG G2, which is Hi-Res capable on Android 4.4.

The bold ones are tested/confirmed. Due to the variety in Hi-Res implementations, internal Hi-Res can also work on devices not listed here. If you open Poweramp Audio Settings => Output and you can see Wired Headset/AUX in Hi-Res Output (Experimental), then it's supported.

Poweramp alpha2 actually implements multiple Hi-Res variants:

- Snapdragon variant (LG/Sony/HTC devices). (Btw. many Snapdragon-based devices actually has Hi-Res capable hardware (e.g. latest Nexuses), but it's disabled in software)

- Samsung UHQA variant (it's a separate codepath even on Samsung Snapdragon-based devices)

- Sony Hi-Res variant (96khz only, Sony can also do 192khz in Snapdragon-variant mode - without DVC)

- MTK variant

- USB DAC variant (external Hi-Res DACs)

The DVC option is supported on some devices (Samsungs, Sonys, MTKs, USB DACs), but not on others (HTCs, LGs)

Q. Are these devices actually output Hi-Res audio or is this fake?

These are Frequency Analysis screenshots taken by capturing Poweramp alpha2 while playing 0-96khz sine sweep, encoded as 24bit/192khz flac on Headset/AUX output with Hi-Res capable sound card (Asus X5) @ 192khz.

Samsung S6 Edge:

s6edge.png

Samsung S7 Edge (Exynos):

s7edge.png

Sony Z5 Premium (it's DVC capable output is only 96khz, it can do 192khz output as well, though, w/o DVC):

sonyz5p.png

Q. What about planned UI changes?

A. I'm on it and that will be focus of the next release (that would be beta1). And the last beta would be beta2 with Remote Playback/Cloud Storages support.

How do you capture these frequency ? Please tell me

On 3/24/2016 at 2:00 PM, firehawk said:

The Alpha works flawlessly on my Galaxy Note 4 with Android Lollipop 5.1.1.

I use a Sony XBA  H3 Headset,and the High Res Audio  sounds superb.

Please  do not remove  the High Res Audio function  in the Final Build.

Samsung UHQA PCM  Wolfson Dac snapdragon Version

GreatWork Thanks

So you are saying to use the Hi Res output and that the Note 4 does support it. I have an Exynos variant of the Note 4, will this work as well ? just asking

On 3/22/2016 at 4:42 PM, maxmp said:

Alpha2 F.A.Q.

Q. Poweramp v2 always has been able to play Hi-Res Audio, what is actually added in Alpha2?

A. Poweramp v2 can decode Hi-Res Audio, but it's always resampled back to 16bit/48 (or 44.1) khz as previously device+ROM combination couldn't output more than that.

Alpha2 build can actually output Hi-Res (24bit/192khz, depedning on the device) via smartphone Hi-Res DAC to wired headset/headphones.

Q. What smartphones have internal Hi-Res DAC?

A. Samsung Galaxy (S5/S6/S7 and variants), Note4/5 

LG G2/3/4, V10

Sony Z3/Z4/Z5 and variants

HTC One A9/M9

Some MTK based devices (with appropriate hardware and ro.mtk_besloudness_support=1) (e.g. Highscreen Boost3).

All the above devices should be on Android 5+, with the exception of LG G2, which is Hi-Res capable on Android 4.4.

The bold ones are tested/confirmed. Due to the variety in Hi-Res implementations, internal Hi-Res can also work on devices not listed here. If you open Poweramp Audio Settings => Output and you can see Wired Headset/AUX in Hi-Res Output (Experimental), then it's supported.

Poweramp alpha2 actually implements multiple Hi-Res variants:

- Snapdragon variant (LG/Sony/HTC devices). (Btw. many Snapdragon-based devices actually has Hi-Res capable hardware (e.g. latest Nexuses), but it's disabled in software)

- Samsung UHQA variant (it's a separate codepath even on Samsung Snapdragon-based devices)

- Sony Hi-Res variant (96khz only, Sony can also do 192khz in Snapdragon-variant mode - without DVC)

- MTK variant

- USB DAC variant (external Hi-Res DACs)

The DVC option is supported on some devices (Samsungs, Sonys, MTKs, USB DACs), but not on others (HTCs, LGs)

Q. Are these devices actually output Hi-Res audio or is this fake?

These are Frequency Analysis screenshots taken by capturing Poweramp alpha2 while playing 0-96khz sine sweep, encoded as 24bit/192khz flac on Headset/AUX output with Hi-Res capable sound card (Asus X5) @ 192khz.

Samsung S6 Edge:

s6edge.png

Samsung S7 Edge (Exynos):

s7edge.png

Sony Z5 Premium (it's DVC capable output is only 96khz, it can do 192khz output as well, though, w/o DVC):

sonyz5p.png

Q. What about planned UI changes?

A. I'm on it and that will be focus of the next release (that would be beta1). And the last beta would be beta2 with Remote Playback/Cloud Storages support.

Thanks, this answered most of my questions. Great guys...looking foward to the new beta build or final build soooon :-) Glad i got a Galaxy Note 4 to support the Hi Res audio output.

• 1 month later...

I really like the Hi-Res output. It is truly appreciated. 

I have noticed one problem with the player so far. When I was testing out the visualisations, the track I was playing suddenly began sounding funny. It sounded like it was being muffled and the BPM dropped. I decided to play the song again with no visualisation and still the problem persists. It always starts out okay then 2 minutes and 38 seconds into the song things just go sideways.

This happens every single time and only ever with this one song. It plays fine on other players, by the way. 

11 hours ago, Redwhistle said:

This happens every single time and only ever with this one song. It plays fine on other players, by the way. 

Does it happen on non high-rez output too? As it's just one file, could you upload it so it can be checked, thanks.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Does it happen on non high-rez output too? As it's just one file, could you upload it so it can be checked, thanks.

Andre

I turned off the high-res output and it did it again. Also, 2:16 is when it goes sideways but only if you play it from the start without interrupting it. 

And the file is a bit large to be uploaded on this site. It's an MP4 video file. Being able to import video files into my music library is one of my favourite things about Poweramp. Here's the link to the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__AbI7FzlYCYlVNdVNPSlpRNVU/view?usp=docslist_api

15 hours ago, Redwhistle said:

Update: It did again with another file. And I wasn't fiddling with any of the settings this time around. I had it playing in the background and it just started going all muffly. I was playing another MP4 video file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2016 at 1:09 PM, Redwhistle said:

Update: It did again with another file. And I wasn't fiddling with any of the settings this time around. I had it playing in the background and it just started going all muffly. I was playing another MP4 video file.

Do please remember that Poweramp is designed to be an Audio player only, the fact that it also plays the audio content of video files is not really by design. I would suggest stripping out the audio content to a separate file and see if you still have the same problem.

Andre

Hello, with the exception of three minor bugs (white on white genre list background, same album art on all music files, album art intermittently showing on home/lock screen), I am loving all the new features. Truly anticipating the new update!! Poweramp rules!! Awesome job Devs!!!!! 

In addition to my previous post, I was stoked to find that this build actually functioned very well when stored on my SD card! Only problem was that none of the widgets were available. They returned after moving Poweramp back to the phone. Love to see this feature become a reality. Thanks again! 

No se olviden de equipos mas antiguos,

En el sony z1 compact es imposible activar hi-res a 24bit 96khz, y el dispositivo si lo soporta, he probado otros reproductores y no funciona elegir 96khz, se deve elegir en modo variable, esto sucede en usbplayer, en modo de internal dac. disculpen que este en español. :)

Google Translation: 

Do not forget to older equipment,

In the sony z1 compact it is impossible to activate hi-res 24bit 96khz, and the device if supported, have tried other players and does not work choose 96khz, is deve choose variable mode, this happens in usbplayer, mode internal dac. excuse me this in Spanish.:)

Archived