Poweramp alpha-build-702

maxmp

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, chiefwitch said:

This version have an issue with the gapless playback. There is a brief clip between mp3 tracks created by iTunes, but it worked fine with downloaded files. In the 2.0 worked fine in all mp3 files. Sorry for my bad english

The sample files you sent me don't seem to be properly gapless, there is a short segment of silence at the end of one file and similar at the start of the next.

The current release build of PA has an option in the Settings > Audio > Fade/Crossfade/etc menu to Cut Silence, but for some reason that no longer seems to be present in the alpha build menu, so I'm guessing that might be where the problem lies. Max will know more though, I can forward the file link to him for confirmation if he needs them.

End of Track '6:
End of Track #6.PNG

Start of Track #7:
Start of Track #7.PNG

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The sample files you sent me don't seem to be properly gapless, there is a short segment of silence at the end of one file and similar at the start of the next.

The current release build of PA has an option in the Settings > Audio > Fade/Crossfade/etc menu to Cut Silence, but for some reason that no longer seems to be present in the alpha build menu, so I'm guessing that might be where the problem lies. Max will know more though, I can forward the file link to him for confirmation if he needs them.

End of Track '6:
End of Track #6.PNG

Start of Track #7:
Start of Track #7.PNG

Andre

Oh, I didn't have idea about these segments of silence on that files. Some years ago that I don't use any audio editor.

I hope this is not getting complicated furthermore.

Thanks for your attention

Hi, Tried Hi_res playback yesterday on my G4 + Klipsch Image S2 (320kbps constant bitrate mp3s) and sound is significantly quieter and feels flat with lack of detail. I would expect the oposite with HiRes :) But I hope theres still some improvements to do.

Hi! Idk whether this is a problem from the app, the phone, or the car.

There is a problem I found annoying when playing media through bluetooth in my car. It's been quite a while (ever since v2) that most of the time (say, 7 out of 10) the display on my car refuses to display the correct now playing info. Usually it displays the info of the very first track in my library. The worst happened yesterday when the command from the button in my car refuses to do what it should do (play, pause, next, previous, etc.). One thing I know, though, this problem does not exist when I'm using stock music player.

The only fix I know is to turn off my car and turn it on again. Yes. you read it right. the car, not the phone nor the player.

A couple of bug reports:

1. sleep timer does not respect play song till it ends, music is cut off abruptly at set time

2. eq profiles switching based on output source is not reliable. I have profiles setup between internal speaker, headphones and bluetooth, and sometimes they would not switch.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Build-702 didn't support DVC on Gx series (Snapdragon Offload PCM 24 bit variant). Support for DVC for this Hi-Res variant was added in build 703, which will be released today-tomorrow.

Can't wait to play around with 703. You guys are doing great. An issue I've had with this build and actually v2 is that when I sort a list in reverse it seems to never correctly sort (If albums are sorted by date in reverse it just sorts them alphabetically in reverse) minor stuff but just thought I would shoot it your guys way

3 hours ago, Thiago Monte said:

How can I get out of build test? I'm trying go back to beta version. Can anybody help me with this?

There is currently no beta version, only the main release build (build numbers 58x) and the alpha test versions (70x). What are you currently using and what do you want to be using?

If you downloaded the alpha from the Download tab here, you can revert to an older build from the same place. If you opted in for the test versions via Google, you can opt out again via the same link (see first post in this thread).

Andre

Hope to get this in before 703 is released in the coming hours --- Currently using Alpha-Build-702 (full version) with an LG V10.  I have 316 albums (not all full), with most of the artwork in-folder as "Cover.jpg".  About 1/3 of the artwork has been downloaded through the program via Poweramp, as they're just single songs.  For some reason, only about 2/5 of the artwork loads in list view AND grid view.  When in-player, the artwork displays, even if not always properly (wrong pic from previously-played album), but in list view or grid view, a large section is blank, and it takes away from the aesthetic of recognizing albums by-sight.  I know my phone has enough RAM to handle the simple pictures.  Is there any way to increase the memory allowed to display album art in list/grid view, for 703, or at least the next official release ?  Or maybe there's a setting that would eliminate the issue; also, would deleting/rebuilding the artwork cache fix the issue ? --- didn't want to bother without knowing why this happens, or if it would help.  Longtime user, love the app --- Thanks, Max.

Thanks, Andre.  The in-folder is preferred.  I should add that this wasn't an issue until a few days ago.  Prior to a few days ago, ALL the artwork showed up beautifully in list/grid view, even if it was sometimes incorrect in the player (could usually be reset by skipping back-an-album, and back forward).  However, I've since added 6 new albums (bringing the total from 310 to 316), and now this happens.  Nothing else was changed.  Thanks for sparking this detail in my memory, Andre, that may be the most important detail.  Is there a memory limit, or something, involved with Album Art ?  Should I consider rebuilding the cache ?  What I'm hoping is that 703 will solve the bug, haha, but any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi. I have a question regarding the Experimental Hi-Res Output. 
I am using a LG V10. It seems that the Hi-Res Output will use the DAC in the Snapdragon.
Is it still possible to use the ESS Sabre 32/384 DAC of the LG V10? How should I do it? Or the Hi-Res Output is already using it just the screen is showing the Snapdragon Variant? Please do clarify this to me. Much appreciated.  

28 minutes ago, BrownBeardBlue said:

Should I consider rebuilding the cache ?  

You could try deleting the Album Art cache, which I think will also remove any downloaded cover art and revert to regular embedded and in-folder images. I don't think you are hitting a limit though, 300 is not a massive number (I've got 352 listed in my system at the moment).

Andre

39 minutes ago, MMG said:

Will there be a version with 703 material design ? or will it be development related to sound again ?

703 will be basically bug fixes and tweaks, and audio related.

I understand that interface modifications will be in the first proper beta test release, which won't be for a while yet. (Max's preference has always been for core app functionality and quality first, and the more superficial surface glossy stuff later)

Andre

22 minutes ago, Trịnh Tuấn Anh said:

Sorry, i'm searching for the apk file. Where is it? :D

In the Downloads tab at the top of the page (or on mobile browsers, use the top-right menu icon and select Browse > Downloads).

New Alpha Build 703 is available for downloading just now by the way.

Andre

Archived